Burning Through Power: Linux Regressions Found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
    Can you translate this for me my German friend? Google fails me here...
    Beware of Dog

Seriously, I couldn't get it all but the gist of it seems to be that Kandanos (the village ?) was / will be destroyed "in retribution for the brutal murder of" someone, probably a military officer. The sign mentioned an ambush but my German isn't good enough to tell the difference between something that did happen, could happen, or must *not* happen.
    Last edited by bridgman; 26 June 2011, 06:37 PM.
    Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
      Beware of Dog

Seriously, I couldn't get it all but the gist of it seems to be that Kandanos (the village ?) was / will be destroyed "in retribution for the brutal murder of" someone, probably a military officer. The sign mentioned an ambush but my German isn't good enough to tell the difference between something that did happen, could happen, or must *not* happen.
      It's mostly correct. They destroyed the city because a paratroop platoon and a pioneer platoon were ambushed by armed men and women.

Comment

Well a more word by word translation would be:
        Kandos was destroyed in retribution for the brutal murder of a paratroop platoon and a pioneer platoon by armed men and women from an ambush

But I'm not sure about the (english) grammar here... In the german sentence the subject is at the end of the sentence while in english you usually start with the subject.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
          hey they talk in the past the village was already doomed in the past because of this. and this text remembers the people to this.
          In the past the Germans are strongly believe in honor if they lose a fight with a clear front line they accept the lose but can not accept a lose if the enemy shot them in an ambush.
          read my translation in the other post its a very accurate version.

the tricky part of this is they maybe shot a friendly fire because the paratroopers and engineers of the 'Brandenburgers' in Greek are allied with the UK and USA...
          Even if 'Brandenburgers' (which commander was allied to usa) fought in Battle of Crete they were not the only German units there . Hitler have send 14,000 paratroopers (elite soldiers) and 15.000 mountain troopers and other minor.
          Anyway hitlers army found heavy resistance which resulted in many causalities (4,041 total dead and missing) especially for paratroopers. so once they finally captured Crete they started mass executions of (not-only) male citizens and burned a lot of cities and villages (Greek Civilians:
          3,000 dead).

Especially in Kandanos (as wikipedia says http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kandanos):resistance fighters had held advancing German soldiers for two days, preventing them from reaching Paleochora to secure it. In retribution the occupiers razed the village to the ground and erected a sign: "Here stood Kandanos, destroyed in retribution for the murder of 25 German soldiers, never to be rebuilt again." This has nothing to do with "military honor" which didn't even existed in ww2. there hardly any examples of captured soldiers being treated with honor in ww2 and staff. German army obeyed to the will of a psycho-maniac thus there many known examples of murdering citizens for retaliation or non-sense genocides made by their brainwashed troops (especially SS).

And since Kandanos wasn't captured(?) by Brandenburgers you can say it was friendly fire and staff since that didn't even existed in combat (for resistance fighter it was only allies (Brits and new Zealand) and axis (any German soldier) and the opposite for Germans.

Comment

What friendly fire? read a history book first and write staff later...

Qaridarium 215988 hey they talk in the past the village was already doomed in the past because of this. and this text remembers the people to this.
            In the past the Germans are strongly believe in honor if they lose a fight with a clear front line they accept the lose but can not accept a lose if the enemy shot them in an ambush.

the tricky part of this is they maybe shot a friendly fire because the paratroopers and engineers of the 'Brandenburgers' in Greek are allied with the UK and USA...
            Even if 'Brandenburgers' (which commander was allied to usa) fought in Battle of Crete that does not mean anything. Hitler have send 14,000 paratroopers (elite soldiers) and 15.000 mountain troopers and other minor.
            Anyway hitlers army found heavy resistance which resulted in many causalities (4,041 total dead and missing) especially for paratroopers. so once they finally captured Crete they started mass executions of (not-only) male citizens and burned a lot of cities and villages (Greek Civilians:
            3,000 dead).

Especially in Kandanos (as wikipedia says http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kandanos):resistance fighters had held advancing German soldiers for two days, preventing them from reaching Paleochora to secure it. In retribution the occupiers razed the village to the ground and erected a sign: "Here stood Kandanos, destroyed in retribution for the murder of 25 German soldiers, never to be rebuilt again." This has nothing to do with "military honor" which didn't even existed in ww2. there hardly any examples of captured soldiers being treated with honor in ww2 and staff. German army obeyed to the will of a psycho-maniac thus there many known examples of murdering citizens for retaliation or non-sense genocides made by their brainwashed troops (especially SS).

And since Kandanos wasn't captured(?) by Brandenburgers you can say it was friendly fire and staff since that didn't even existed in combat (for resistance fighter it was only allies (Brits and new Zealand) and axis (any German soldier) and the opposite for Germans.

Comment

What freindly fire?

Qaridarium hey they talk in the past the village was already doomed in the past because of this. and this text remembers the people to this.

Even if 'Brandenburgers' (which commander was allied to usa) fought in Battle of Crete that does not mean anything. Hitler have send 14,000 paratroopers (elite soldiers) and 15.000 mountain troopers and other minor.
              3,000 dead).

Comment

Qaridarium 215988 hey they talk in the past the village was already doomed in the past because of this. and this text remembers the people to this.

3,000 dead).

BTW i find my reply very kind too you , you should be very happy about that because i am from athens if i was from crete and especially chania you and accidentally read what you wrote you wont be lucky enough to wake up this morning...

Comment

This thread is derailing.

Comment

Originally posted by Prescience500 View Post

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Prescience500 View Post
                      Don't worry, Captain obvious. We'll get a new one in a few hours.

Comment

Working...
                      X