System76 Serval Professional Sandy Bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tgui View Post
    System76, if you're listening please release a laptop with the following specs:

- 14'' Screen, 15.XX are too big and 13.XX are just too small.
    - Quad Core Sandy Bridge, not including hyperthreading, real cores.
    - OPTIONAL ATI graphics. I might or might not want Intel graphics, using ATI ensures I have good open source drivers available on top of great open Intel graphics drivers.
    - Wireless of course
    - HDMI out
    - Firewire 800 or more
    - E-Sata
    - 8gigs RAM minimum
    - SD slot
    System76, as many other suppliers, just customizes and rebrands Compal laptops.
    I know cause I got one years ago from Italian supplier Santech.

Comment

r1348: They're actually rebranded Clevo laptops .

Comment

Does anyone know what battery life to expect out of this?

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
          + 1 billion. Gimmie my 16:10 back dammit!
          Totally agree !

Damn it's such a pain to dev with this 16:9... We need HEIGHT !
          Who cares about 1600x900 or 1920x1080 just give us the 1600x1050 or the 1920x1200
          Please !
          Let 16:10 on professional notebooks and 16:9 for multimedia ones.

I really don't see the advantage of having 16:9... except for watching movies.

Everything else need at least 16:10, text writing/reading, web... etc.

Comment

Originally posted by dl.zerocool View Post
            I really don't see the advantage of having 16:9... except for watching movies.
            Even then it isn't really an advantage as a 16:10 has the same capabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
              Even then it isn't really an advantage as a 16:10 has the same capabilities.
              Agreed, even for 90? rotating screens 16:10 is better, so you still have enough columns in width.

Comment

Better to wait for Llano laptops or new revisions for summer? That's what I was told if in the market for a laptop... will they be that much better or worth waiting for?

Also, prices for current laptops might go down as they'll be considered a bit outdated or older generation? What to do? If budget is $500, then what?

Sorry, to go on a tangent from System76. I think those are good for just knowing the hardware will be more compatible and have people testing it for Ubuntu. But, I agree, it's just a badge on hardware.

Comment

Working...
                X