No announcement yet.

GNOME 3.0 Laptop Change Frustrates Some Users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Btw your arguing over a trolls point get over it, KDE and GNOME both good projects personal preference.

Is there still the option of using bum to kill off all power management like at current? Use my laptop as a desktop 99.9% of the time dont need power management

Decision for this is stupid

Comment

Originally posted by not.sure View Post
      _ epic fail _
      That sums it up nicely. Gnome 3 is awesome, but this is bullshit. What are they smoking? Well hopefully enough people moan so we get a checkbox to end this nonsense.

Comment

Ah didnt see can change it in dconf. Worst case scenario will have to run some bash script, and im sure someone will put a little program together, maybe be put in Ubuntu Tweak or something. Still think entire concept is stupid, just because MacBooks are too poorly designed to not melt when lid is closed

Comment

I don't trust the defaults because I don't trust the developers to understand my use cases. Plus I have more than one use case. What I want my laptop doing depends entirely on where I am with it. At some point, that's going to have to be configurable.

But they can do what they want, I'll be using Unity anyways, and Canonical knows how to make a good UI.

Comment

WTF!? They obviously don't care about alienating users like they did in the past, by removing features. This has to be the stupidest boneheaded design decision ever!

...back to their old ways of pissing off users by removing valuable features..

GNOME is the BIGGEST TROLL IN ALL OF GNU/LINUX SOFTWARE..

Comment

Gnome users don't need to change any of Gnome settings.

What could possibly go wrong with that?

Comment

Originally posted by Iksf View Post
                Btw your arguing over a trolls point get over it, KDE and GNOME both good projects personal preference.

Is there still the option of using bum to kill off all power management like at current? Use my laptop as a desktop 99.9% of the time dont need power management

Decision for this is stupid
                Again dude, I am not trolling. I have worked on every DE on linux and I feel gnome to be best suited for me. I was just stating my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Iksf View Post
                  Ah didnt see can change it in dconf. Worst case scenario will have to run some bash script, and im sure someone will put a little program together, maybe be put in Ubuntu Tweak or something. Still think entire concept is stupid, just because MacBooks are too poorly designed to not melt when lid is closed
                  Which is exactly why Gnome fucking sucks. It's 2011 and you're talking about having to run a bash script and hope for someone making a program. So you're right - the entire concept is stupid, but it's the GNOME way.

(P.S. This is even more hilarious when you remember the conversation we had in the forums about how GNOME 3 will revolutionize the desktop and show KDE how things should have been done. LOL!!!)

Comment

Doesn't there exist a general configuration screen with power management settings?
                    If not, they are missing something that should be made.

Comment

Honestly, I don't see any problem with that. Go AFK and walk away fro a few minutes? Which retard closes the lid during that time?
                      Either leave it on and keep the lid open or shut it and suspend it.

If one really thinks that causing heat-related defects is a good idea, he can add his laptop to the blacklist the blog post is also talking about.

Comment

Working...
                      X