Unigine Engine Ported To Android Phones, Tablets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lexa2 View Post
    That's might be the secret beneath the Unigine success :-) (well, possible future success, as we all hope that this linux-compatible engine would gain a major popularity throughout game development studios). As for weather conditions in Tomsk - this year we've got an anomaly warm winter in Siberia having around -20 Celsius degrees while it is typical to have around -35...-40 at this winter dates (i.e., in the middle of January).
    Holy sh*t! Here we have -20C at most, but it freezes the crap out of me

Comment

Поздравляю вас Unigine Team! Желаю вам успехи! Спасибо вам за хороший пример модерной игры на линуксе!

Comment

These devices are surely not OpenGL 3 capable, right?

Does this mean that the engine has OpenGL 2 fallbacks? This would mean that the engine might even run on OSS drivers. This would be a good thing.

Comment

Does this mean that the engine has OpenGL 2 fallbacks? This would mean that the engine might even run on OSS drivers. This would be a good thing.
          As long as mesa has a working EGL state tracker and OpenGL ES implementation yes. When that happens all the tablet and handheld goodness will be able to play ball with linux.

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Unigine and Siberia (yes, with all its unique culture and stereotypes)... ROCK!

Comment

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
                These devices are surely not OpenGL 3 capable, right?
                They all support OpenGL ES 2.0, which i believe lines up pretty closely with OpenGL 3. It's not clear to me exactly what the differences are. I'm guessing they do support the same patented extensions that are giving Mesa problems with GL3, though.

Comment

One of the Khronos documents describes GL ES 2.0 relative to GL 2.0 and most of the changes are "removals", ie GL ES 2.0 is probably best described as a subset of GL 2.0 with a few things added.

In general the GL ES 2.0 spec seems to align better with DX9 hardware. Look at section 3.8 (Texturing) re: NPOT textures for a good example.
                  Test signature

Comment

Working...
                  X