AMD Joins Up With Intel & Nokia On MeeGo Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
    Nvidia going bankrupt? Not to drive the thread off-topic but I thought Nvidia is doing best, they usually have better and sooner OpenGL support, Apple has chosen Nvidia for its hw, why would it go bankrupt..
    Look to the Mac Pros... They are shipping Radeon.

It will be interesting to see what Apple put in NEXT years MacBooks, because they have a MAJOR problem with the graphics there given the current models. Shipping Core2 Duos with nVidia graphics isn't going to cut it much longer, and they clearly have space constraints which prevent use of a discreet gfx solution looking at the 15"and 17" laptops. Would anyone want to bet against an AMD CPU + GPU solution next year?

Originally posted by Svartalf View Post
    ...they're [nVidia] not doing as hot as they could-
    I thought part of their problem was they WERE doing as hot as they could...

Comment

Originally posted by RobbieAB View Post
      Shipping Core2 Duos with nVidia graphics isn't going to cut it much longer, and they clearly have space constraints which prevent use of a discreet gfx solution looking at the 15"and 17" laptops. Would anyone want to bet against an AMD CPU + GPU solution next year?
      I wouldn't be to surprised if some member of the AMD Brazos family made its way into the next MacBook Air refresh. It makes perfect sense given that relying on core i3 ULV with integrated graphics alone would mean a decrease in gpu power.

Brazos is also probably the reason that AMD wants in on Meego.

Comment

Working...
      X