Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I get an Express Gate tutorial for the resolution fix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I get an Express Gate tutorial for the resolution fix?

I've researched and researched, but I haven't been able to find a tutorial. I read the thread about the fix here: http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11610

But again the way everyone was talking about the issues really wasn't much help I have an Asus UL50A Series notebook with Express Gate pre-installed on it. As everyone knows the resolution fails and is no good. My screen resolution is 1366x768. I found the ASUS.SYS folder that was mentioned in the previous thread, but in it are no such files with a .sqx extension. I've raided my OS and found nothing.

SO if anyone could create a tutorial or walk me through the resolution fix process I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Please, anyone? I really want to fix this. I want to have both OS's on my computer using the full capability of my screen and everything that's inside my Asus.

Comment

Why isn't anyone helping me???

Comment

Tutorial

Well I'm not sure exactly which version of Splashtop you are using (SSD/HDD/USB) but I've written up a tutorial on the SSD version.

HERE

Best of luck with it, hope it works

Comment

Originally posted by SPARTAN View Post
          Well I'm not sure exactly which version of Splashtop you are using (SSD/HDD/USB) but I've written up a tutorial on the SSD version.

HERE

Best of luck with it, hope it works
          Finally! Some help, lol. Thanks. How do you check the version that is installed?

Comment

Hi Jerame,
            Here are a few pointers on checking which version is installed.
            If you are on a Laptop then you can probably assume that it is the HDD version that is installed (unless it is an EeePC)
            If it is a motherboard based version then you can check for the following:
            Look around the motherboard (probably in the bottom right hand corner) for a small circuit board soldered at 90 degrees to the motherboard, it should be about the size of a memory stick. If you can see one then you are most likely running the USB version.

Finally, if you cannot see any USB stick soldered to your motherboard then you are most probably running the SSD version.

You can also try downloading the latest update for your computer from the Asus website, if it has an MSI file inside it then you are running the HDD version and if it is a DFI file then you are running the USB/SSD version.

Good luck with everything

You may find that the way I have shown you doesn't work in which case just follow my instructions for adding the Terminal to your ExpressGate and type the following into the terminal:

Code:
            export DI_HAVE_RES_LIST='1024x768x24x60,1280x1024x24x60,<your res>'
            python /usr/lib/dvm-config/runRes.py
            Then select your resolution on the window that appears and click OK, it should ask you to restart and then it should work.

Regards,

SPARTAN

Comment

Where is the source for your exe tools?

Comment

I'll post it on my site if you like, its all very basic Binary stuff.
                Basically all it does it recreate the header file's data and the version file.

It written in C# in VS2010 but compiled with Mono.

You can download it here

It makes use of System.IO for file information and System.Security.Cryptography for the MD5 sums.
                There is also some code in one of the classes which I use in one of my other Apps, it generates the binary files based on a given input.
                Lost of binary conversions there like shifts etc.

Comment

Well i wrote my own (free)pascal tool to create md5sums but you only need the header, therefore i did not post it. When it is stripped down it does not matter.

Comment

Well Mono is free, as is VS2010 Express, anyway. I found that the stripping of everything from the version file (save for the first 32 bytes) didn't work. Maybe they changed something in the new releases?

Anyway, I guess its each to their own. I like the idea that the built in safety checks still work just in case it does get corrupted.

Comment

Working...
                    X