X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mtippett
    replied
    Originally posted by hameedn View Post
    You guys know of any company who makes tools for Android benchmarking. Any information will be appreciated.
    Which part of android benchmarking are you talking about? Benchmarking the behaviour of the hardware + the low level SW; or the behaviour all the way up the stack to the davlick VM and services within that?

If it is the former, then it's really just getting PTS running and Phoronix Media provides the solution , and yes we can offer commercial services on the "company side". Contact michael at phoronix.com or matthew at phoronix.com to discuss . Even the latter isn't necessarily a barrier either .

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by gutto786 View Post
    1) PHP-GTK dependency cant be fulfilled because of the fact that Android lacks an X server
    Just use the command-line interface or SSH into the device.

Leave a comment:

• mtippett
    replied
    Although I haven't looked heavily at it yet, I would expect that any system that supports Linaro can probably trivially have PTS installed on it via a deb package.

Again, the compiler (or cross compiler) represents a challenge, but is most likely not unsurmountable.

Matthew

Leave a comment:

• gutto786
    replied
    Here's some information that I was able to grab till now:

1) PHP-GTK dependency cant be fulfilled because of the fact that Android lacks an X server

2) U can run debain on Android platform(walkthrough but will not essentially provide same results)

Leave a comment:

• hameedn
    replied
    You guys know of any company who makes tools for Android benchmarking. Any information will be appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Hi Tag,

As mentioned in your other thread, most all of the support for Android should be in place I believe, but you're free to email me with any other information.

Michael at phoronix.com

Leave a comment:

• gutto786
    replied
    Hey Michael,

I am typically interested in phoronix support developed for android platform. I work for a team currently developing android based devices.

Can we have a discussion about the scope and specific needs that you might have in terms of developing support for android?

Thanks,

Tag

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by khaije1 View Post
    ...but more importantly just wanted to say to Larabel, your vision with this project is pitch perfect and inspiring.
    Thanks, hopefully it all works out

Leave a comment:

• khaije1
    replied
    i second (perhaps unnecessarily) the android appeal, but more importantly just wanted to say to Larabel, your vision with this project is pitch perfect and inspiring.

Cheers!!

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by portets43 View Post
    this NEEDS to come to android also!!

afterall, it is based off of the linux kernel
    I have no access to any Android hardware and prefer not to use an emulator so waiting for a vendor then to send out such hardware or grant me remote access.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X