Jolla's Former Management Acquires The Business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shmerl View Post

It's like asking why Naz*s shouldn't do business with people. I'd ask the opposite. Should people do business with Naz*s?​ IBM to this day can't wash it off its reputation.
    Nazi's? Who do you mean? Surely not Russia lmao

Like I said, a very uninformed and xenophobic position you have.

Comment

It's like asking why Naz*s shouldn't do business with people. I'd ask the opposite. Should people do business with Naz*s?​ IBM to this day can't wash it off its reputation.

Nazi's? Who do you mean? Surely not Russia lmao

Like I said, a very uninformed and xenophobic position you have.​

Comment

Naz*'s? Who do you mean? Surely not Russia lmao

Like I said, a very uninformed and xenophobic position you have.

Comment

Originally posted by Conan-cimmerian View Post
          Naz*'s? Who do you mean? Surely not Russia lmao​
          Surely Russia. Very comparable in that sense of how doing business with them would be treated. Especially, since in Russia today there is no such thing as private business (at least when it comes to anything sizeable). And in this case especially. Basically, government has its hands in any significant business. And profits will feed Putin's war.

Originally posted by Conan-cimmerian View Post
          Like I said, a very uninformed and xenophobic position you have.​
          Very unfortunate that Russia has Naz*s mafia running it and local population are zombified enough to tolerate it.
          Last edited by shmerl; 01 December 2023, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Wow Shmerl, you should try leaving that cave from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by stormcrow View Post
              Citation needed.
              I'm one such user (since 2013), and I know three other users in person. See the Sailfish OS forum where other users have said the same thing. Some users even daily-drive community-ported devices which don't have Android App Support available at all (I do use it for specific purposes) so it's doable for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by ireri View Post
                Wow Shmerl, you should try leaving that cave from time to time.
                Seriously? Are you one of the whitewashers of Putin's fascism here? It's disgusting to see this garbage in the comments.

There are only three categories who'd do that. Clueless / brainwashed (aka "useful idiots"), complicit fascists and paid trolls.
                Last edited by shmerl; 01 December 2023, 03:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasD View Post

Why do more apps run on LineageOS? Most apps run fine on GrapheneOS and with their sandboxed google play, they support even more. On LineageOS, no app which needs google play is working. You would need to mod it first and then have google play running without a sandbox.
                  This is 100% false. Google play store and apps work flawlessly on LineageOS and AOSP roms and derivatives. I am typing this on a OnePlus 9 pro running crdroid (a lineage derivative) with full google play store. My device even passes safetynet

Comment

Originally posted by blackiwid View Post

How did they proof that they have no backdoor build in? And even if they would have done that to any point as soon as I active updates that could change any second. How did they proof that they not worked with the secret services etc?

Was their selling point that they were save from total surveillance because they were located in Canada, they are part of the 5 eyes and have a fashist government that took away all money from people for demonstrating... and did the dictatorship status, without any reasonable reason.

I know that they had a good PR for security but I don't see how that translates to anything real. Maybe that criminals did not hack them or something... that does not mean that it's secure it just says that they are pretty secure towards this specific groups.

And opensource is more secure and easier to long term support because everybody can change it and fork it, so even if status X is worse it can be fixed... if there is a rootkit in it it can't be fixed.

Now all this phones have a mobile chip in it with a proprietary OS on it even on most android phones... so all this I assume total surveillance, but I want to over time change that by consumer decisions. And as there were mentioned there are real free systems.

That you see no problem with proprietary software I don't understand why you are on a linux/opensource website to say that proprietary software is more secure than free software and better...

And you ask me to trust criminals one of the manager gone to prison I think or was at least convicted that was also a big part why the company ended, at least that I learned from the movie.
                    prove it then. If you are going to slander them. Prove it.

Comment

Seriously? Are you one of the whitewashers of Putin's fascism here? It's disgusting to see this garbage in the comments.

There are only three categories who'd do that. Clueless / brainwashed (aka "useful idiots"), complicit fascists and paid trolls.
                      Yes seriously. I posted links showing its not Russia who is the Na*i. Also, theres alot of proof botfarms post anti-Russian xenophobic comments such as yours. Are you a bot?

Comment

Working...
                      X