PS: I am a huge fan of kernel microoptimisations

Leave a comment:

• nkalkhof
    replied
    Looking forward to see some power drain tests on a CFL CPU

Leave a comment:

• gabber
    replied
    Nice, will there be a test about this? I usually need my laptop battery when travelling to and during conferences. Taking notes in a texteditor 5-10 min/h, surfing the web for 5-10min/h.
    Not sure how easy it is to simulate typing into an editor / surfing the web but it would be interesting to see how differnt HW/ OS / Kernel etc. perform.

Leave a comment:

• caligula
    replied
    Originally posted by halo9en View Post
    Just when I thought 6.1 would be the perfect LTS...
    The latest (not necessarily LTS) release always contains the most interesting features.

Leave a comment:

• halo9en
    replied
    Just when I thought 6.1 would be the perfect LTS...

Leave a comment:

• Danny3
    replied
    Wonderful!
    So nice to see many great improvements for 6.2.
    Too bad this is not the LTS kernel.

Leave a comment:

• milkylainen
    replied
    At what point does it stop batching?
    Procrastination has it's own set of issues.

Leave a comment:

• bezirg
    replied
    Amazing work, 5-10% sounds small in the beginning, but with today's apus and battery sizes it may translate to 1+ hours of battery life

Leave a comment:

• Linux 6.2 Likely To Enjoy Measurable Power-Savings While Idle Or Lightly Loaded

Phoronix: Linux 6.2 Likely To Enjoy Measurable Power-Savings While Idle Or Lightly Loaded

Work carried out by Google engineers around the Linux kernel's read-copy update (RCU) synchronization mechanism to make it "lazier" is helping with 5~10% power-savings for idle or lightly-loaded systems. This "Lazy RCU" work is likely to be merged for the Linux 6.2 kernel merge window in December...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X