• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Developer edition" without a physical escape key 🙄 🤦 ❌

Comment

Originally posted by vegabook View Post
      "Developer edition" without a physical escape key 🙄 🤦 ❌
      Does not any developer with self-esteem map esc to caps-lock anyway ? (at least... I do)

Comment

Yet another "developer" laptop with a stamp-sized display.

Comment

Originally posted by bzs0 View Post
          is being certified for Ubuntu a badge of honor these days, or a sign that a product should be avoided?
          It being a case of product being avoided is quite sensationalist at least if you also look at the specific of the laptop.

What being certified by Ubuntu does mean is that there is a very high chance that Linux "just works on it", would be far better if you just has a certified for Linux along with some major version badge instead though.

Comment

In case you didn't know: https://ubuntu.com/certified/laptops

Comment

I don't like the look of the keyboard, but the big deal-breaker is the lack of physical function and escape keys.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
                What a nightmarish looking ultrabook.
                I agree. As a software developer who scrolls up and down in source code using keyboard those half height keys are an instant fail for me.
                The 16:10 screen aspect ratio is great to see. More on-screen and less scrolling up and down is never a bad thing.

Comment

Wow, what looks to be a near unusable keyboard. No Four Essential Keys (at least physically, although I suppose not having them Fn'd onto some other key is a minor improvement...) no Function row, no numeric pad (which I don't expect on a laptop that size, but after having a 15" laptop with a full keyboard+numpad, it really hurts looking at laptops without them) and what looks like a dust and dirt magnet with minimal key travel (please correct me if this laptop has nice key travel, some do but don't look like it...)

Comment

Remember, when you're using dell, you have to use their charger. When using other, you CPU speed (mainly intel) will be limited to around 800MHz or below.

Except, maybe, usb-c charger.

Comment

Originally posted by royce View Post
                      Yet another "developer" laptop with a stamp-sized display.
                      Anyone whose biggest concern with this thing is the display rather than the keyboard is very unlikely to be a developer.

Comment

Working...
                      X