System76 Announces New Alder Lake Laptop With Coreboot Firmware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

It's 2022, why do people keep wanting 4K on such a small display?
    Because it looks better? Anyway I wasn't talking about 4K, QHD (2560x1440) would suffice.

Try using a laptop with QHD or 4K screen for a week and then go back to 1080p if you want to understand what I'm talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by anarsoul View Post

Because it looks better? Anyway I wasn't talking about 4K, QHD (2560x1440) would suffice.

Try using a laptop with QHD or 4K screen for a week and then go back to 1080p if you want to understand what I'm talking about.
      I've used a laptop with 4K for several months and it was a pain to use. I was glad to be back at 1080p after that. I agree that QHD would be a nice improvement on a laptop and actually scales fine, but 4K on a laptop? I'm not even thinking about going back there ever.

Comment

Originally posted by anarsoul View Post
        It's 2022, why they keep using 1080p panels in laptops?
        A better question is why manufacturers (er, "manufacturers") keep using a 16:9 panel in Current Year of Our Lord. "B-b-b-ut black bars" is such an inconsequential whine that I'm amazed so many people actually bring it up. If it's such an issue, why does nobody complain about 21:9 movies being shown on a 16:9 display?
        Last edited by Redeye; 16 July 2022, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X