No announcement yet.

HP Preparing An AMD-Powered Linux Laptop Powered By Pop!_OS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I stopped reading at FHD. Sorry, in the 2022 there are many better options than 1080p. A lot lower priced than this too.

Comment

We use HP at work so maybe I can get one but I will not hold my breath as more likely then not I will just get the regular one and have to install Linux my self.
      My only gripe is that I perceive the quality of the business HPs as sup par. Especially the thermals, the firmware and the docking station is the worst!

Comment

Why does it have only a Ryzen 5000 and not 6000?

Comment

Last time I checked scaling on Linux was not as smooth as in macOS. But if someone prefers fiddling with higher resolutions on small screens, that's OK. Have your fun.

Comment

The price is a little high for a non expandable, non dedicated graphics laptop.

You can get an entry level gaming laptop for around $700-800 and expand it's memory, and probably will come with a more durable keyboard too.

Comment

Embrace...

Comment

Originally posted by sarfarazahmad View Post
                who develops in 14inches man. I never get how people do it. Is it just me :/
                My keyboard doesn't even have a number row. I prefer more layers to more keys for programming.

Comment

Originally posted by lejeczek View Post
                  I bet a $ it will NOT have support for LVFS.
                  Where's that $?
                  https://fwupd.org/lvfs/devices/com.h...evone.firmware

Comment

with system76? this always use nvidia and now they will put in their hands a amd system, disaster come

Comment

Originally posted by stormcrow View Post

It's just you and some like you. Not everyone is silly and trying to build large software projects on resource-cost inefficient laptops. :P Also, your Mac team members are masochists. Seriously. (Not because of MacOS, which is a decent OS, but because they're doing it with insufficient hardware resources - hence dedicated build hardware).

Desktops and servers are far more cost efficient. With ubiquitous Internet access in places most people can afford a laptop, it's far more efficient to just remotely connect to a desktop or build/test server from a basic laptop if mobile access is needed.
                      There are many ways you can solve this. There is, as you said, building a desktop and remotely connecting to it; you can rent a VM in the cloud; you can also just refactor stuff in your project to make you need less memory and make sure you close whatever you no longer need before opening any new container/VM; and there are probably other ways too. But, you can also just pay a bit extra and load your laptop with the memory you need and then you don't need to worry about any of that and things just work.

Comment

Working...
                      X