X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WannaBeOCer
    replied
    Originally posted by arun54321 View Post
    KDE runs bad on NVidia GPUs - slower animations, bugs and glitches.
    I’ve been running Plasma on my Titan RTX for the past two years without any issue. Maybe if I use wayland I’d run into those problems. Solus/openSUSE Tumbleweed with Plasma have been fantastic using a Nvidia GPU.

Leave a comment:

• arun54321
    replied
    KDE runs bad on NVidia GPUs - slower animations, bugs and glitches.

Leave a comment:

• WannaBeOCer
    replied
    Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
    Aaaaand of course, no AMD option.
    Why would there be? this is their target:

Customers include ML scientists, developers, and creators.
    RDNA is terrible for ML, that is a gaming architecture and I don’t see any mention of gaming on that laptop. Looks like a much better option than the overpriced Tensorbook from Razer.

Intel i7-11800H (8 cores, 2.30 GHz), 64 GB Memory, 2 x 1 TB, NVMe SSD, Data Science & Machine Learning Optimized. TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras Pre-Installed. Fast shipping.

When we look at processes the 12700H outperforms its 6800H competitor. There isn’t a V-Cache mobile chip either.

Leave a comment:

• RejectModernity
    replied
    Oh wow. If you want to get the worst linux experience just buy dual-GPU Nvidia laptop with snap-crap. Should also add GNOME de to the list, but since we have kubuntu here at least DE is nice.

Leave a comment:

• Danny3
    replied
    And again with Nvidia garbage?
    What's next, hearing that they have put Kubuntu 22.04 with all the Snap crapware on it that makes everything slow?

Leave a comment:

• piotrj3
    replied
    Eating popcorn waiting for outcry because nvidia gpu is used.

That being said it looks like very fine laptop by specs and price.

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    Aaaaand of course, no AMD option.

Leave a comment:

• Kubuntu Focus M2 Gen4 Announced With Intel Alder Lake, RTX 30 Graphics

Phoronix: Kubuntu Focus M2 Gen4 Announced With Intel Alder Lake, RTX 30 Graphics

While most of the Linux pre-loaded laptops these days ship with GNOME or a desktop derived from GNOME components, the Kubuntu Focus has been one of the most notable exceptions for using KDE Plasma and also ptimized for workflows around deep learning, programming, dev ops, and more. Today the company announced the Kubuntu Focus M2 Gen4 laptop with upgraded hardware...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X