System76 Announces "Kudu" AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX Powered Laptop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Huh? Tuxedo rebrands Tongfang laptops, not Clevo laptops.
    Tuxedo rebrands Clevo, too. I have an older Tuxedo (2012) which apparently is a Clevo W551SU (not sure if the modelno is correct - but something like this) . Albeit I'm not aware of all current models and upcoming ones.

Comment

Originally posted by sarmad View Post
      Does Tongfang produce better build qualities than Clevo? Clevo's build quality is pretty bad.
      Seems to depend more on the model than the ODM. I've had two Clevo rebrands, one (17" desktop replacement) with build quality so poor I could barely believe it had passed inspection, one (15" "lightweight" workstation) built so well I used to joke that it might have been the true successor to the IBM Thinkpads. Although a lot of my dislike for the 17"er was down to the fact that the keyboard was appalling.

Comment

Laptops with webcams can go to hell. The number of places my laptop has been denied clearance for use at work because of the webcam is staggering.

I will pay good money for a laptop without one.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
          Laptops with webcams can go to hell. The number of places my laptop has been denied clearance for use at work because of the webcam is staggering.
          I'm lucky enough not to be working anywhere that is quite that particular, but I've visited the R&D of one company who were very strict about anything with a camera, so know what you mean.

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
          I will pay good money for a laptop without one.
          I did. The laptop has it's own quirks, but all of the issues seem to have been sorted (although frankly they never should have been issues users faced in the first place!) and I'm overall really pleased with my Asus G513Y Advantage Edition.

It's just a shame it has so much "gamer bling".

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm Shifter View Post
            I'm lucky enough not to be working anywhere that is quite that particular, but I've visited the R&D of one company who were very strict about anything with a camera, so know what you mean.
            Precisely. Using another person's laptop is always a chore, especially if it's a corporate laptop imaged with a less-than-ideal configuration of Windows.

It's always a wonder how corporations can image an i7 laptop with Windows 10 and have it feel much slower than my Celeron laptop with a clean Windows 11 installation.

Comment

Working...
            X