No announcement yet.

Framework Laptop Now Enjoys Open-Source EC Firmware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My HP and my former Asus also drained battery while completely off. I thought this was just how loptop worked...

They did launch in som EU countries already. Just a matter of time until mor countries are added.

And the case of AMd is just a matter of making the expansion cards working, they need USB4 or thunderbolt for that. Which the upcoming AMD mobile CPUs have. (USB4)

Comment

Originally posted by Shiba View Post

Link please?
      So, I searched for this and the most promising one was this one https://community.frame.work/t/batte...hut-down/13923

They are investigating.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
        This is great, but being in South America doesn't help...
        Granted, being in South America never helps, when it comes to importing electronics; so many tariffs and non-tariff barriers, and depending on where, you can basically expect your stuff to be stolen lol.

Comment

Originally posted by braiam View Post

So, I searched for this and the most promising one was this one https://community.frame.work/t/batte...hut-down/13923

They are investigating.
          Thank you, I'll be keeping an eye on this.

Comment

Does it support Secure/Verified Boot and a TPM with measured boot?

Edit:
            A TPM2 is installed on the mainboard and their original firmware supports secure boot.
            Last edited by CTTY; 25 January 2022, 10:17 PM.

Comment

For those wondering, they are also working on a Coreboot port.

Comment

How long is the typical wait time after the order?

Edit: I found it (it is shown in the configuration menu of the CPU)
                Last edited by CTTY; 25 January 2022, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Yep the Framework forums have various threads on power drain issues. The high drain in suspend is kind of a deal breaker for me. It seems to be over 2% per hour in the best case to over 5% per hour in bad cases (with s2idle and depending on HW configuration). Furthermore, wakeup in classic suspend to ram (as opposed to s2idle) seems to be extremely slow, over 10 seconds!
                  Last edited by brent; 25 January 2022, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dlq84 View Post
                    And the case of AMd is just a matter of making the expansion cards working, they need USB4 or thunderbolt for that. Which the upcoming AMD mobile CPUs have. (USB4)
                    The current models already offer USB4. The USB-C module product page states it is USB4. The Intel CPUs used support the new ThunderBolt iirc, so presumably through that?

Comment

Sadly they have not disabled the Intel Management Engine (yet).

Comment

Working...
                      X