One-Line Linux Patch Fixes AMD s2idle Failures For Some Ryzen Laptops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One-Line Linux Patch Fixes AMD s2idle Failures For Some Ryzen Laptops

Phoronix: One-Line Linux Patch Fixes AMD s2idle Failures For Some Ryzen Laptops

Over the past year there has been a lot of work for getting AMD's suspend-to-idle "s2idle" support in order under Linux and the latest is a one-line code change expected to help at least some Ryzen laptops behave properly...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

That's surprising. Reminds me of the Atari 2600 era in where you had to time every read/write precisely to get a correct picture since its graphics chip lacked a framebuffer and was nothing more than a line generator.

Comment

Now they should increase that number to some big value and debug what is the real issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Rexerex View Post
        Now they should increase that number to some big value and debug what is the real issue.
        Read the bug report, they actually tried that first, and it didn't help.

Comment

Sounds like my Lenovo 16ach with the sams processor suffers as well from this bug. I wondered already why it can't wake up from suspend, but I had no time to investigate.

Comment

I had a similar issue on my Asus G513QY, it was fixed in 5.15-rc1, without this change

I've just tested it locally - fortunately no regressions

Comment

I also backported it to my old 5.14 "backup" kernel and it gets suspend and resume working there - good work

Comment

on 5.15 kernel I still loose 10% battery overnight on my T14, I've seen people saying mashing the keyboard doesn't wake the laptop too, im guessing this will fix that issue

Comment

Guys, I am shoping for a 14", and I saw the Lenovo L14 AMD Gen2, and I am still shocked..

The amount of bugs that are out there with rizen3 laptops..
                  I think, maybe I will wait more 1 year, and see if they got something working..

Comment

Working...
                  X