Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jolla Releases Sailfish OS 4.2 For Continuing To Improve This Linux-Based Smartphone OS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgraded both my XA2 Plus and my old X to 4.2.

Works (and looks!) great.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      It is still ugly, it was ugly, and continues to be ugly. They also sell it for $49 and available for those who would like to downgrade their Sony mobile devices from beautiful Android to ugly Sailfish OS.
      Surely, you meant: You think it is ugly, you think it was ugly, and you think it continues to be ugly. There are people thinking otherwise. Your meaning of downgrade is also your meaning. I am sure you do not know the exact "downgrade" procedure. And why you seems to wonder about $49? That is how it works, it was working and continues to work. Anyway, please, stay away from Sailfish OS.

Comment

Originally posted by PCJohn View Post

Surely, you meant: You think it is ugly, you think it was ugly, and you think it continues to be ugly. There are people thinking otherwise. Your meaning of downgrade is also your meaning. I am sure you do not know the exact "downgrade" procedure. And why you seems to wonder about $49? That is how it works, it was working and continues to work. Anyway, please, stay away from Sailfish OS.
        Yeah, I wouldn't use Sailfish OS even if I got paid $49 for it.

Comment

The best part of Sailfish OS is the community, and the company also patricipating in the forum! I've been using SFOS from day one, and with Android application support now being in rather mature shape, I don't plan going back to Android in the foreseeable future.

As for the "ugly" aspect, the company originally decided to aim for something new and different, and almost inheretly it means that it won't suit everyone. Then again, Android 4 didn't look that...appealing back in its day, shall I say. There is a lot to do and a long way to go!

Comment

Originally posted by PCJohn View Post

Knightmare, Vistaus, Polleke, tildearrow, soulsource, Nille_kungen, brad0, oleid, Jedibeeftrix:

Please, be aware that the same day that he started saying again "ugly", he also wrote a kind of comment stating falsehoods that had to be answered:
            https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...98#post1279898
            That answer was upvoted at least 23 times.

Comment

Originally posted by direc85 View Post
              The best part of Sailfish OS is the community, and the company also patricipating in the forum! I've been using SFOS from day one, and with Android application support now being in rather mature shape, I don't plan going back to Android in the foreseeable future.

As for the "ugly" aspect, the company originally decided to aim for something new and different, and almost inheretly it means that it won't suit everyone. Then again, Android 4 didn't look that...appealing back in its day, shall I say. There is a lot to do and a long way to go!
              I would say best part on SailfishOS is Swipe UI, it is just miles a head anything what android phones have. My new Samsung-made android work phone is just plain awful to use, compared to my good old XA2 with SailfishOS.

Comment

Working...
              X