Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Increasing Importance Of ACPI Platform Profiles With Today's Throttle-Happy Hardware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ciupenhauer View Post

Dang, still no ouput. is it possible lenovo slim7 pro doesn't even trigger your code?
    Check to see if either the ideapad_laptop or thinkpad_acpi module get loaded (lsmod). If the ideapad_laptop module gets loaded then it will theoretically work. If the thinkpad_acpi module is loaded the same approach could apply if the thinkpad_acpi.c file was changed in a similar fashion to my patch.

Note that there are quite a few module dependencies to have the ideapad_laptop module auto load. In my testing Ubuntu seemed to be the best bet for a Distro that pretty much supports my Ideapad out of the box (with the exception of the wifi driver).

Comment

Originally posted by cbxbiker61 View Post

Check to see if either the ideapad_laptop or thinkpad_acpi module get loaded (lsmod). If the ideapad_laptop module gets loaded then it will theoretically work. If the thinkpad_acpi module is loaded the same approach could apply if the thinkpad_acpi.c file was changed in a similar fashion to my patch.

Note that there are quite a few module dependencies to have the ideapad_laptop module auto load. In my testing Ubuntu seemed to be the best bet for a Distro that pretty much supports my Ideapad out of the box (with the exception of the wifi driver).
      Code:
      $ lsmod | grep ideapad_laptop
      ideapad_laptop 28672 0
      platform_profile 16384 1 ideapad_laptop
      It's there alright. Weirdly enough I just noticed that changing the power settings in platform_profile does change the TDP values that ryzenadj -i is reporting, powersave showing 12.5W and performance showing 45-65W, but I can't tell much of a difference between the 2 in regular usage. Now I'm wondering if ryzenadj is reporting false/theoretical values that lenovo is simply ignoring

Comment

Originally posted by ciupenhauer View Post

Code:
        $ lsmod | grep ideapad_laptop
        ideapad_laptop 28672 0
        platform_profile 16384 1 ideapad_laptop
        It's there alright. Weirdly enough I just noticed that changing the power settings in platform_profile does change the TDP values that ryzenadj -i is reporting, powersave showing 12.5W and performance showing 45-65W, but I can't tell much of a difference between the 2 in regular usage. Now I'm wondering if ryzenadj is reporting false/theoretical values that lenovo is simply ignoring
        I'm using a Python based system monitor called glances. Glances will show current/rated GHz values during usage. I'm sure there are other tools that can do it as well. Run a cpu intensive test program and toggle the modes. If your current GHz changes, then it would appear to be working properly.

Comment

Working...
        X