AMD Has An Important Suspend/Resume Fix With Linux 5.15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paradigm Shifter View Post
    I'll put my LG Gram to sleep tonight, rather than shutting it down and see how much if any drain there is, because now I'm curious.
    Just to follow this up. I tried it asleep overnight and it lost about 5%.

Comment

No fan spin-up even under load, and control buttons (brightness, volume, ...) not working are pretty critical issues. Especially the former is just dangerous for the hardware... Any chance this is getting backported to 5.14? Anyone know if there's any way/place I can petition for this? I have one of the affected laptops.

Comment

I was the 'user' who reported this issue. Glad to see that the fix made it into 5.15.

Comment

Originally posted by RobinJ1995 View Post
          No fan spin-up even under load, and control buttons (brightness, volume, ...) not working are pretty critical issues. Especially the former is just dangerous for the hardware... Any chance this is getting backported to 5.14? Anyone know if there's any way/place I can petition for this? I have one of the affected laptops.
          Depending on the laptop, it may have a "secret" key combination to force the fan to maximum if really worried. On my last laptop it was Fn+1.

The control buttons not working seems to depend on the ACPI implementation? My LG Gram had half the control buttons not work (I think only Flight Mode worked on the clean install) until I installed LGs software to control it - even in Windows - which is really annoying as the LG software is terrible. Keeps trying to update my chipset drivers (even though I'm actually running newer ones I installed manually from Intel) but every time it installs them it BSODs the laptop.

Comment

Originally posted by gbee View Post
            I was the 'user' who reported this issue. Glad to see that the fix made it into 5.15.
            Would you happen to have a link to the ticket? I can't find it.

Comment

Working...
            X