Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASUS Platform Profile Support, Alder Lake PMC Support + More Land For Linux 5.15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS Platform Profile Support, Alder Lake PMC Support + More Land For Linux 5.15

Phoronix: ASUS Platform Profile Support, Alder Lake PMC Support + More Land For Linux 5.15

The platform-drivers-x86 area of the kernel continues to be quite active with particularly offering better support for modern Intel/AMD laptops. With Linux 5.15 there is another big batch of improvements that landed at the end of last week...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Michael, the other day waxhead posted:

There is nothing wrong with referencing to your own site , the only thing that COULD have been a bit better is that either links that either goes back to phoronix or external websites should have a little icon or something in case you tired of looking at the URL's.
    which basically highlighted my number one annoyance with Phoronix -- no easy-to-use bibliography or list of sources for articles. While sometimes the links in the articles go to past articles and sometimes they go to sources, it'd be easier if at the bottom of the article or page if there were easier-to-find links to the article sources. It's just a pain in the ass checking each and every link in an article to see if it's a source or follow-up journalism.

FWIW, I have no issues with you referencing past articles like some people do. I like follow-up journalism and the ability to follow a story to its completion.

Something like
    Code:
    Bibliography:[INDENT]LKML-url
    some-git-url[/INDENT]

Previous Reportings:[INDENT]Phoronix Article 1
    Phoronix Article 2[/INDENT]

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
      Michael, the other day waxhead posted:

which basically highlighted my number one annoyance with Phoronix -- no easy-to-use bibliography or list of sources for articles. While sometimes the links in the articles go to past articles and sometimes they go to sources, it'd be easier if at the bottom of the article or page if there were easier-to-find links to the article sources. It's just a pain in the ass checking each and every link in an article to see if it's a source or follow-up journalism.

FWIW, I have no issues with you referencing past articles like some people do. I like follow-up journalism and the ability to follow a story to its completion.

Something like
      Code:
      Bibliography:[INDENT]LKML-url
      some-git-url[/INDENT]

Previous Reportings:[INDENT]Phoronix Article 1
      Phoronix Article 2[/INDENT]
      Just for the record - I agree with skeevy420 100% here. I too would like to being able to EASILY jump back to previous articles and try to follow the story from start to finish. As it is now it is not very interesting to "dig around" and more often than not I simply don't bother to check previous articles even if I wanted to.

Something similar to skeevy420's example is nearly perfect. For example one of my favorite articles (mostly because of the topic - https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...-Scheduler-Bad ) would be easy to find if there is a reference post.
      Perhaps even consider something like being able to expand the phoronix link to see other references as well

Code:
      >Blurbiography
         some-url
         some-otherurl

>Phorinixography
          some-article
         >somearticle
           blurbiography
              yet-another-url
              more-urls
           phoronixography
              another-link
              >yet-another-link
      E.g. some expandable tree structure would be great... perhaps too complex, but that is the only think I can think of that would improve skeevy420's example.
      Last edited by waxhead; 08 September 2021, 01:28 PM. Reason: (fixed a typo - how about that tildearrow :) got it even before you!)

http://www.dirtcellar.net

Comment

Working...
      X