Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andre30correia View Post

16:10? 16:10 is dead man only apple uses that shit
    Actually other manufacturers are catching up, because 16:10 is pretty awesome. The Dell XPS are 16:10. Razer is making 16:10 productivity laptops. Huawei, and the list is growing...

Comment

A bit late now that Intel Xe graphics is widely available.

Comment

Ohh being this ignorant...

Comment

What? Just a small list of current well known and regarded laptops from the main brands with 16:10
          Spectre X360 14, Dell XPS 13 and 15, Razer Book 13, Hp Envy 14, Asus Studiobook Pro X, Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 3, MSI GF7, and the list goes on and on...

When you do any work that requires walls of text, but you are bound to a Laptop (which is quite common), 16:10 is a godsent, you get much more on a single screen, however the laptop has literally the same size.

Comment

I'm writing from what looks like the exact same model, a Clevo NL50RU, except mine is Tuxedo rebranded.
            It has the same specs, same keyboard, same inputs on the side (position included) or hinges.

I picked 1x16 GB at purchase and added the exact same one for 2x16 GB 3200Mhz (both are unsoldiered), and I ordered without data storage, to which I added a NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD for blazing fast accesses. Both because they were less expansive separately.
            And it's absolutely flying.

Tuxedo has also developed a nice BIOS, the keyboard backlight is supported (fn keys included for colors or brightness), the Tuxedo fan control, some drivers and a few other utilities.
            In addition, you can get many different keyboard layouts, and a nice Tux for Super key, that looks better than the one on the Pangolin.
            If this is indeed the same model, I definitely recommend it. I don't know if System76 has some custom tools or drivers but they might be interchanged with Tuxedo's. Worth a try.
            Last edited by Mez'; 16 March 2021, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Funny how personal preferences work. I for one wouldn't care less for non 16:9 screen. PCs are multitask machines for a long time now. Give me a high resolution screen so I can use my apps side-by-side.

I don't miss my time on 4:3 CRTs, so no need to go back to that full screen workflow.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
                Funny how personal preferences work. I for one wouldn't care less for non 16:9 screen. PCs are multitask machines for a long time now. Give me a high resolution screen so I can use my apps side-by-side.

I don't miss my time on 4:3 CRTs, so no need to go back to that full screen workflow.
                That depends very much on the task. Many software are impractical when used in small windows

Comment

Actually, the price seems pretty competitive. Would make a decent linux dev machine. What I am missing is DP/USB-C video out.. only 1 HDMI video out. :S

Comment

I'm shopping for a 15'' laptop atm - I had hoped to be able to postpone the buy until Zen3 models were available, but it seems that it will be close to impossible to get any before end of may at the minimum, at least in Europe.
                    This one seems quite similar to the Tongfang based models from Schenker (via 15 pro) and Tuxedo (Pulse), the main difference being the 4700U vs 4800H cpu, and possibly the screen.
                    Would anyone have a recommendation?

Comment

I think someone messed up on their pricing page. Their ECC ram is cheaper than non-ECC ram...and cheaper than 32GB of ECC from Amazon at that.

Comment

Working...
                      X