Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel On Their 11th Gen H35 Processors: "Fastest Single-Threaded Laptop Performance"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intel On Their 11th Gen H35 Processors: "with multiple threads our laptops suck even compared to previous gen of competition"

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix_anon View Post
      Apparently AMD forgot that non-gamers like bleeding edge performance too.
      apparently you forgot that amd isn't in business of making laptops

Comment

This is like holding the world record for the fastest 100m hopping race. Like, great, congratulations, but if single-core is so good, why charge me for a multi-core CPU?
        Last edited by timrichardson; 06 February 2021, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by timrichardson View Post
          This is like holding the world record for the fastest 100m hopping race. Like, great, congratulations, but if single-core is so good, why charge me for a multi-core CPU?
          Don't give them any ideas (though they kinda already do this with Lakefield)

Comment

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post

You have to improve your google skills:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDLaptops/..._the_tongfang/

TongFang PF5NU1G, ODM device offered through several OEM, it is a 4800H, +90W battery, no dGPU, best dev machine out there
            I can't believe there's a South African vendor! I usually skimmed over the "WootBooks" but taking a serious look at it now. Bonus is 64GB RAM option and Windows is optional!!
            Last edited by Jabberwocky; 08 February 2021, 05:24 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Originally posted by Jabberwocky View Post

I can't believe there's a South African vendor! I usually skimmed over the "WootBooks" but taking a serious look at it now. Bonus is 64GB RAM option and Windows is optional!!
              Is the "TongFang" called "BilTong" over there?

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post

This is why I hate ultra-thin laptops. Back in the 1990's, laptops used desktop CPUs without too much trouble. They were thick enough to handle everything you want to stuff in them.

Then came the stupid Macbook Air and sudenly everything had to be thin as a paper. Now every laptop thermalthrottles, had no RAM upgrade, keyboards have the feedback of a hard surface and are a bitch to do maintenance.
                late reply, but yep... I think my next laptop will be a System76 to make sure what I care about most (the Linux ecosystem) is unhindered and to support them, but I'm hoping to wait a couple years since I rebuilt my desktop this year (last November, but I used an old Ryzen chip and am still waiting for 5950x to be available like everyone else) but I digress...

Comment

Working...
                X