Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UBports' Ubuntu Touch OTA-15 Released With New Device Support

Phoronix: UBports' Ubuntu Touch OTA-15 Released With New Device Support

UBports developers and the open-source community continue to push along Ubuntu Touch for smartphones/tablets. Ubuntu Touch still hasn't yet been able to complete the transition from Ubuntu 16.04 to a 20.04 base, but they have made other improvements and new device support with today's Ubuntu Touch OTA-15 release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    (UBuntu Touch OTA-16)

Comment

I don't know why the Pinephone isn't on the official supported devices (iirc) being one of the Linux phone projects that most people engaged with by it's low price and relatively decent specs.

Comment

Originally posted by ServerGarbage View Post
        I don't know why the Pinephone isn't on the official supported devices (iirc) being one of the Linux phone projects that most people engaged with by it's low price and relatively decent specs.
        There is many work done on the Pinephone by UBPorts since last March. There has been less progress recently for two reasons:
        1 the Volla phone is coming and it is become the priority for UBPorts, I guess they are paid for that
        2 Marius, who is doing most of the work on the pinephone, has been really sick for the last two months he is only recovering and joining back slowly.
        That doesn't mean no work is done though, Dalton who is the release manager took time to work on upgrading the pinephone kernel from 5.6 to 5.9.

Comment

Originally posted by Flaburgan View Post

There is many work done on the Pinephone by UBPorts since last March. There has been less progress recently for two reasons:
          1 the Volla phone is coming and it is become the priority for UBPorts, I guess they are paid for that
          2 Marius, who is doing most of the work on the pinephone, has been really sick for the last two months he is only recovering and joining back slowly.
          That doesn't mean no work is done though, Dalton who is the release manager took time to work on upgrading the pinephone kernel from 5.6 to 5.9.
          I saw the progress slowed recently, i haven't tought about the volla sponsor. Sorry to hear that about Marius, hope he gets well soon, he is more important than any of the code he could write. About the kernel upgrade if i'm not wrong it could improve the Mali support? That would be good news. Many thanks on the update.

Comment

Originally posted by ServerGarbage View Post
            About the kernel upgrade if i'm not wrong it could improve the Mali support? That would be good news.
            Sounds interesting, but what is the connection between the kernel and Mail?
            Does this have any impact on the mail-reader, or the e-mail transportation?

Comment

Originally posted by WLBI View Post
              Sounds interesting, but what is the connection between the kernel and Mail?
              Does this have any impact on the mail-reader, or the e-mail transportation?
              He isn't talking about e-mail but about Mali, the GPU of the phone.

Comment

Working...
              X