Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ZaReason Linux PC Vendor Closes After More Than A Decade Of Selling Linux Hardware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZaReason Linux PC Vendor Closes After More Than A Decade Of Selling Linux Hardware

Phoronix: ZaReason Linux PC Vendor Closes After More Than A Decade Of Selling Linux Hardware

After a long run and being one of the early boutique Linux PC vendors, California-based laptop/desktop/server vendor ZaReason is the latest casualty of the COVID-19 pandemic...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I guess that $100 per month stimulus check didn't help much.

Comment

I actually don't know anyone who bought a system from them, they're much smaller than System76 AFAICT

Comment

the latest casualty of the wanton coercion by the state
        Fixed that for you.

Comment

Originally posted by mastermind View Post
          Fixed that for you.
          Or maybe: the insistence of people that showing their mouth to the world is more important than keeping society alive?

Comment

My first PC with Linux pre-installed came from them. Lasted me a long time, I think I still have the screwdriver it came with.

Comment

Shame! They were big a part of getting Linux supporting hardware out there back in the dark days...

Comment

The U.S. PC market just had its best quarter in 10 years, Gartner says

Comment

Micheal I really hate this sort of nonsense reporting. Your article highlights right in the text that the major problem here wasn't COVID but rather: "In recent years we've heard less from the Berkeley based company as they battled increased competition from the likes of System76, Purism, Tuxedo Computers, and also more Linux pre-loaded devices coming directly from the likes of Lenovo and Dell.". Honestly I really am getting sick of the constant need for everybody to blame everything on COViD. Yes it exists but it has become far too easy for people to cite for every failure we see these days. In this case you have written about a business almost nobody on this forum has even heard of.

Comment

Originally posted by pgeorgi View Post

Or maybe: the insistence of people that showing their mouth to the world is more important than keeping society alive?
                    Society isn't suffering so much from Covid but rather much of the nonsense that has been created due the illness. The lock downs have done nothing for us for example, mainly because they where implemented way too late to do any real good. Beyond that the actually death rate is no worse than a really bad flue season, so there really is no justification for the hysteria over Covid.

More importantly, unless Covid killed off the principles of the company, there is really no reason to blame covid for this companies failure. The reality is the demand for PC's, IT infrastructure is really at its highest point in years.

Comment

Working...
                    X