Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aaaantoine
    replied
    The Serval is out of my price range, but I'll definitely consider the Pangolin for my next purchase.

Laptop lineup here: http://system76.com/index.php?cPath=28

Leave a comment:

• Vadi
    replied
    I have an older model of Serval so I can't comment on this one, but I do praise their support services. Way better responsiveness and helpfulness than many of the big OEMs - and you don't get agents from Kentucky with an Indian accent either.

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic System76 Serval Professional Notebook

System76 Serval Professional Notebook

Phoronix: System76 Serval Professional Notebook

Finding a laptop that can run Linux is no longer much of a challenge. As we have shared in numerous netbook and notebook reviews, a majority off the shelf PCs shipping with Windows can easily be replaced with Linux and chances are most -- if not all -- of the components will just work on this open-source operating system, while ill-supported parts can usually be configured to work in just a few steps. For those looking to save time or avoid a potential headache, Dell, Hewlett-Packard, and other major vendors have been offering Linux notebooks for some time now. One of the smaller vendors though that has been offering Ubuntu Linux notebooks (along with desktops and servers) is System76 Inc. This Colorado-based company not only ensures their hardware is 100% compatible with Ubuntu Linux, but they also preload some popular software packages that are not installed by default on Ubuntu. In this review we are looking at the System76 Serval Professional notebook.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X