System76 Serval Professional Notebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
    Wel, if it should be left in the bios that is debatable. Sure the die hards will say so but that is quickly changing. If you take a look at the recent overclocking comps that are out there on the Phenom, you can see that the new preferred way is through those utilities and not the bios anymore but through AMD's overdrive util. The days of BIOS tweaking are numbered, we are slowly seeing more EFI implementations out there and when it becomes the norm the BIOS will simply cease to exist and all changes will have to be done through such utils anyways.
    That would be the best thing to happen, but I don't care much as long as its simple and platform independent (or easy on all platforms). So any idea if this turbo thing is done by intel or the motherboard guys? It seems like quite a few penryn based gaming notebooks have it going by the same name of 'turbo mode' button. If it is a uniform interface and done by intel, they should document it for the benefit of mankind . May be time to read some documentation of intel's pm45 chipset.

Comment

Not legal for professional use

How can that be a professional computer? It's display is a mirror. If you are an employer you rightfully risk to get sued by your employees.

Why in gods name do companies build those cheap glossy displays into their laptops?

Comment

Originally posted by Casandro View Post
        How can that be a professional computer? It's display is a mirror. If you are an employer you rightfully risk to get sued by your employees.

Why in gods name do companies build those cheap glossy displays into their laptops?
        So true. Me too hate glossy display and those mirror glares. What surprised me was that even MBPs have shifted to glossy displays - and reason given that LED backlit displays are bright enough to offset glares. Anyway, Serval I believe gives an optional 1920x1200 matte finish screen too (see system76 website).

Comment

Working...
        X