Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Further Exploring The Intel Tiger Lake Core i7-1165G7 Performance On Ubuntu Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GruenSein View Post
    It has more of a "list of demands"-vibe
    Maybe you could take this discussion of me elsewhere because it reeks. If you don't like what I'm posting you're free to add me to your ignore list over here: https://www.phoronix.com/forums/settings/account and never see my drivel ever again.

Speaking of my message: I had zero demands but since Michael does reviews of consumer hardware, maybe he could extend them to add the information which would be extremely interesting for users and which is hard or impossible to obtain elsewhere. That could make his reviews a lot more valuable and bring more users (and subscription/advertising profits) to the website.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post

Maybe you could take this discussion of me elsewhere because it reeks. If you don't like what I'm posting you're free to add me to your ignore list over here: https://www.phoronix.com/forums/settings/account and never see my drivel ever again.

Speaking of my message: I had zero demands but since Michael does reviews of consumer hardware, maybe he could extend them to add the information which would be extremely interesting for users and which is hard or impossible to obtain elsewhere. That could make his reviews a lot more valuable and bring more users (and subscription/advertising profits) to the website.
      Just curious, have you contributed to Phoronix either by giving cash, submitting code or view the site w/o ad blockers?

Comment

If you don't like what I'm posting you're free to add me to your ignore list over here: https://www.phoronix.com/forums/settings/account and never see my drivel ever again.
        Most of us would be happy to, but it seems like the ignore list isn't working. Michael, I would personally buy another lifetime membership if you could get the ignore list working. Then I wouldn't have to see this drivel again.
        Last edited by sa666666; 19 October 2020, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Funny to see how now, the AMD cpu work 'as they should' out-of-the-box, and the intel ones you have to thinker to extract better performance and have so many tradeoffs that you endup with the same perf as before on average, go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by brunosalezze View Post
            Funny to see how now, the AMD cpu work 'as they should' out-of-the-box, and the intel ones you have to thinker to extract better performance and have so many tradeoffs that you endup with the same perf as before on average, go figure.
            For some reasons Intel still cannot solve their 10nm node, having spent billions of dollars and seven years. Hopefully they will become competitive again with their 7nm node which is not going to happen before 2022. I'm quite puzzled with what's going on. They fired Brian Krzanich two years ago and still most of their products are now based on a vastly refined 14 node they first introduced in 2014.

Comment

NVIDIA which offers full relatively bug-free support on day one for its new products.

Nvidia fanboys usually talk big big about the supposedly superior drivers, "full relatively (sic) bug-free support on day one",but when you look at their support forums, what a surprise:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce...ross-all-titl/
              Last edited by M@GOid; 19 October 2020, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post

Nvidia fanboys usually talk big big about the supposedly superior drivers, "full relatively (sic) bug-free support on day one",but when you look at their support forums, what a surprise:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce...ross-all-titl/
                Firstly, you're in the wrong discussion.
                Secondly, NVIDIA solved this issue in less than ten days. First reported: 22nd of September, updated drivers with a fix: 30th of September.
                Thirdly, it took AMD at the very least seven months to solve CTD and blacks screens in their drivers and some people still experience them a full year after the RX 5000 series was released.
                Fourthly, NVIDIA drivers are universally regarded as more stable and feature rich even by AMD fans.

Cheers!
                Last edited by birdie; 19 October 2020, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Don't change the subject, Birdie boy.

You said "full relatively (sic) bug-free support on day one"

The link I posted shows the above statement is a blatantly LIE.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by birdie

Firstly, not everyone had the CTD issue. On the Internet it's a norm for few dissatisfied customers to blow everything out of proportions. Secondly, I said "relatively bug-free". If the word "relatively" doesn't ring a bell for you, please look it up. Again, this is a topic about "Further Exploring The Intel Tiger Lake Core i7-1165G7 Performance On Ubuntu Linux" - you're in the wrong thread and you could spam somewhere else. I won't reply to your posts any longer because you chose to insult me.
                    Having your shiny (and expensive) new card to crash during a gaming session is a "relatively" thing right? Does not count as a bug on the Nvidia fanboy handbook, I guess...

Oh, and not everybody had the bug on the RTX 3000 launch? "On the Internet it's a norm for few dissatisfied customers to blow everything out of proportions" Guess what, nor did every RX5000 owners either on the case you brought. But that doesn't count, right?

So you can bring outside trash to the Intel topic:

As always Linux sucks terribly in terms of supporting brand new hardware (unlike vehemently hated here NVIDIA which offers [U]full relatively bug-free support on day one[/U
                    , but when I do is wrong, Birdie boy?

And spam a thread? Do you know how other people see your posts? Look around, people are begging to not see your bellyaching anymore, that is how appreciated you are around these parts...

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
                      Insults and offtopic
                      Firstly, not everyone had the CTD issue. On the Internet it's a norm for few dissatisfied customers to blow everything out of proportions. Secondly, I said "relatively bug-free". If the word "relatively" doesn't ring a bell for you, please look it up. Again, this is a topic about "Further Exploring The Intel Tiger Lake Core i7-1165G7 Performance On Ubuntu Linux" - you're in the wrong thread and you could spam somewhere else. I won't reply to your posts any longer because you chose to insult me.

Originally posted by edwaleni View Post
                      Just curious, have you contributed to Phoronix either by giving cash, submitting code or view the site w/o ad blockers?
                      I do absolutely nothing for Open Source, not even help fix bugs which render the Linux kernel unbootable or help fix GCC bugs which lead to broken code. I've started a serious discussion which led to fixing a three decades old issue of bad RAM handling by the Linux kernel in Fedora and now in systemd as well. During over two decades of using Linux/Open Source I've helped resolve over two hundreds of bugs. I've been under the impression that I help Linux a lot but maybe I'm hallucinating. What do I know?

Comment

Working...
                      X