Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• birdie
    replied
    Power management for Tiger Lake seems to be utterly broken. It increases performance over Ice Lake seemingly at the cost of a much higher power consumption.

Single threaded performance regressions look outrageous. The 1065G7 boost up to 3.9GHz, the 1165G7 boosts up to 4.7GHz and loses? Something is really wrong either with the CPU, BIOS or Linux.

Overall it looks like the 10nm+ node for Intel is still broken not to mention that the final products based on Tiger Lake are still ridiculously expensive.

Michael

Please add tests which show power consumption for the task. They will actually show how efficient the node and CPU arch are. Right now it's absolutely not clear.

Leave a comment:

• jrch2k8
    replied
    Originally posted by HEL88 View Post

Dell XPS is the way better laptop than these Lenovo. 250/300 vs 500 nits ?? Really? etc,
    For the price difference i would buy an 4800H that will sodomize this dell laptop on the CPU side with a nice GTX1660 that will sodomize this laptop GPU wise and just buy a nice ultra-wide curved LG Monitor for when i need a real good screen at home, some nice headphones, a badass wireless mouse and since i'm still 100 bucks short probably an external drive would be nice as well.

If for you 200 nits is worth 600$ + massively slower CPU/GPU + then by all means go get it while its hot but i kinda love my money too much to waste it

Leave a comment:

• HEL88
    replied
    Originally posted by jntesteves View Post
    Sooo, the Tiger Lake laptop costs more than double AND is outperformed by the Ryzen 5 laptop. Way to go Intel, you're doing it right 👌
    Dell XPS is the way better laptop than these Lenovo. 250/300 vs 500 nits ?? Really? etc,

Leave a comment:

• jntesteves
    replied
    Sooo, the Tiger Lake laptop costs more than double AND is outperformed by the Ryzen 5 laptop. Way to go Intel, you're doing it right 👌

Leave a comment:

• treba
    replied
    We just ordered a bunch of Tuxedo Pulse 14 Laptops with Ryzen 4800H - I assume they will run cycles around what's shown here :/

Leave a comment:

• Intel Core i7 1165G7 "Tiger Lake" Linux Performance With The Dell XPS 13 9310

Phoronix: Intel Core i7 1165G7 "Tiger Lake" Linux Performance With The Dell XPS 13 9310

Here are our initial benchmarks of Intel Tiger Lake on Ubuntu Linux via the premium Core i7 1165G7 processor. This also appears to be the first public benchmarks of the new Dell XPS 13 9310 laptop that just-launched as the refreshed XPS notebook for Tiger Lake and with Intel EVO certification.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X