Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sailfish OS 3.4 Released With Experimental Rust Support, Finally Eyeing 64-bit ARM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thaodan View Post
    It does support FM radio. It just depends on the device you use if its supported because its vendor specific.
    I was not talking about supporting FM Radio in non compliant hardware.
    I was talking about the usual.. FM Radio in devices that...of-course support it.

If yes, what Software applications does SFOS use for that?

Comment

Originally posted by tuxd3v View Post
      I was not talking about supporting FM Radio in non compliant hardware.
      I was talking about the usual.. FM Radio in devices that...of-course support it.

If yes, what Software applications does SFOS use for that?
      The builtin media player app if you install jolla-mediaplayer-radio.

Comment

Originally posted by Thaodan View Post
        The builtin media player app if you install jolla-mediaplayer-radio.
        The current Sony Xperia devices do support FM radio with that app/plugin? I think that is his question.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
          It looks truly awful! 🤢👎
          It doesn't in my opinion. It looks pretty nice and consistent, on the contrary. This is looking so much better than iOS.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

I like it, though I'll admit that the translucent theme giving that blur effect to the wallpaper didn't look very pretty in the screenshots. One screenshot with the unblured wallpaper would have been nice. IMHO, the blur effect and transition to it looks better as a GIF, video, or in person.

I'd have that same thought if this was about KDE, GNOME, or any other OS or DE showing a bunch of full screen translucent blur panels covering the desktop without showing a clear view of the underlying desktop.
            The text is barely readable. I don't think this pass any legibility text or accessibility guideline. The text lacks contrast. I don't think it has any blur, just transparency without blur.
            GNOME is way better, there is no comparison.
            Sailfish is so bad, it makes KDE look good.
            I am glad there is Android and the world doesn't have to use Sailfish, it is so terrible.

Comment

The text is barely readable. I don't think this pass any legibility text or accessibility guideline. The text lacks contrast. I don't think it has any blur, just transparency without blur.
              GNOME is way better, there is no comparison.
              Sailfish is so bad, it makes KDE look good.
              I am glad there is Android and the world doesn't have to use Sailfish, it is so terrible.
              The image in the article is just blurry; the ones in their blog aren't and look a lot better. This isn't the first time I've noticed that with images on Phoronix.

Sorry about what I'm about to post to show that....

Theirs:

Phoronix:

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
                The image in the article is just blurry; the ones in their blog aren't and look a lot better. This isn't the first time I've noticed that with images on Phoronix.
                Yes, I know. I've seen the original images on the Jolla blog, and I still think it looks awful! Terrible! 🤢

Comment

I miss Nokia's ever advancing ACTUAL feature creep. They had some thing for everyone. As mentioned before, FM is an oft-loved function I miss on my now missing N900. I have fun memories of hijacking radio stations with its FM transmission feature.
                  Hi

Comment

Yes, I know. I've seen the original images on the Jolla blog, and I still think it looks awful! Terrible! 🤢
                    The only part I don't care for is in the middle screenshot, the Adaptive Text for the Quick Tiles. Since the text overlaps with the pictures chose, a few of the letters disappear into the background, especially the "sh" in Sailfish on the farthest right tile. If they'd add some padding for the text below the images and that wouldn't be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by stiiixy View Post
                      I miss Nokia's ever advancing ACTUAL feature creep. They had some thing for everyone. As mentioned before, FM is an oft-loved function I miss on my now missing N900. I have fun memories of hijacking radio stations with its FM transmission feature.
                      A phone with a headphone jack, a 12v battery, and one of those phone to FM adapters

Not as convenient, but works.

If you just need an FM receiver a lot of Motorola phones come with FM radio. I'm loving my Moto G Power and it has one. Only paid $229 and I'm on day 4 since my last charge with the phone saying 1 Day, 11 Hours left. Only 5 hours of screen on time.

Comment

Working...
                      X