Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A New Linux Kernel Framework To Help Ensure You Don't Burn Yourself On Hot Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man up replaced by weenie down.

Comment

This sounds like a completely meaningless feature that will do absolutely nothing except waste CPU cycles, I don't really want it.

Rather than a framework, it sounds like an ugly software hack to a problem (more like non-issue really) that should be handled at the hardware level.

Comment

Originally posted by rabcor View Post
        This sounds like a completely meaningless feature that will do absolutely nothing except waste CPU cycles, I don't really want it.

Rather than a framework, it sounds like an ugly software hack to a problem (more like non-issue really) that should be handled at the hardware level.
        Ok ... How will you do that ?

Comment

Originally posted by rabcor View Post

Problem is it need to come up to software level by some means. Lets say system is up on heat limit while user is attempting to use it. That is not a good time to start file indexing right, Also at times you will be wanting from the hardware level to be asking the OS can I shutdown these bits of hardware without crashing you. Remember powering off blocks of hardware can save a lot of heat.

Comment

Working...
          X