Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by birdie View Post
    Android 11 brings crap. Sorry.

This is what I've been asking Google for for the past five years and they don't give a flying fuck:
    • A process manager (e.g. Task Manager in Windows) to see what's stressing your CPU/GPU/IO/Network. Android for several releases now has made it impossible to see real CPU use.
    • Sane battery stats application as the stock one is complete crap. GSam Battery Stats works miles better but still misses a lot of crucial info. BetterBatteryStats shows almost everything but is a nightmare to use.
    • An ability to remove applications from auto start and/or disabling intents which cause them to start automatically.
    • Full control of /sdcard to e.g. restore files and make full backups (adb backup/restore was removed in Android 10, so full backups without root are impossible now).
    • Software gamma/brightness/saturation control.
    I've got two dozen more pet peeves with Android but the company doesn't seem to care one bit.
    The biggest issue I have is not being able to change the system UI font, or at least not without root. It's a standard feature on pretty much every desktop OS known to man, so it shouldn't be so hard to implement on a mobile system like Android.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

The biggest issue I have is not being able to change the system UI font, or at least not without root. It's a standard feature on pretty much every desktop OS known to man, so it shouldn't be so hard to implement on a mobile system like Android.
      The biggest issue I have with Android is the lack of a simple switch in the system settings (developer options) to enable "rooting" MY device and enabling me to do WHATEVER I want to do with it, including something trivial as changing system fonts. It's really ridiculous but I'm not laughing.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Didn't realize how much I'd miss fonts, but that too. My past couple of phones were LGs and their system software comes with font options and my phones before that always ran some custom rom that did too. It actually is easy to implement and some phones offer it as a standard feature. Running the almost-AOSP experience that Motorola offers makes me miss settings like that and almost makes me want to void my warranty and unlock my bootloader. Void my warranty and unlock my bootloader. Talk about some bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by ed31337 View Post
          Along those lines, how about adding some control over how much to charge the battery up to? I'm really tired of having LiPo pouch batteries bulging out because Android is too stupid to let me limit charge to 80% when I'm running 99% of the time tethered to a wall brick. Having everybody's phone always charge to 100% is really damaging to the environment when you consider all the prematurely broken batteries this creates.
          Yeah!! That would be great to be able to set how much you will charge your batter to. I have been using AccuBattery to alert me when my battery gets up 77% so that it puts less wear on my battery. Not having to unplug my phone after it hits the percent charge would a life changer for me.

Comment

From what I saw in the android 11 video presentation, they insist on becoming more and more intrusive.
            First they entered our lives and our privacy, now they want to control our homes with home automation.
            Instead I want to tell Google one thing:
            I have always been passionate about IT and also passionate about android smartphones, the first ones. And even before that, does anyone still remember windows ce or palm os?
            Here, I was among the precocious, but also among the precocious that I got bored and I ended up with these increasingly invasive smartphones, Now I have an old smart based on android 4, rooted, with all the intrusive apps uninstalled, including facebook , all off, especially the gps, and with a solid adblock based on hosts file I use it just to make some calls, send or receive some messages on watzapp or telegram, take some photos or videos strictly when needed, and if I don't have the pc, do some research on the browser. nothing more, maybe sometimes I open the calculator. most of the time it is still on the table or in my pocket. And This is to be used in the future. I am precocious, and having seen that the masses usually follow me about two or three years later, well ... I can already anticipate, that smartphones will go into disuse if not for the use of these really essential things. People are starting to detox.
            I don't think people will entrust their homes to these corporations, the corporations would like that to happen, but it won't, just some minority of exalted ones will. Internet of things in domestic homes will be a flop, due to its nature, they are not comfortable or advantageous, there is no advantage to having your household appliances and house keys and much more connected to the phone and consequently to the internet . No advantage.

Comment

Who uses chat bubles? no one I guess! Piece of crap. only reason I use Android is that it's cheap and open source. Otherwise Google fuck off.

- Jvm on mobile devices, Google are you nuts ?

- No privacy from the beginning, google Dah!!
              Gimme your data + location.

- Feedbacks from users,excuse me I'm Google,
              fuck off!!

- Android is nothing shorted than a OS built around the Google chrome which also runs JVM alongside. mind Blown.

New Releases I guess now nobody cares much. In some years will become a meme. Thanks. Peace.✌️

Comment

Did they add transfer of contacts to/from SIM card yet.

Originally posted by narutowindy View Post
                Who uses chat bubles? no one I guess! Piece of crap. only reason I use Android is that it's cheap and open source. Otherwise Google fuck off.

- Jvm on mobile devices, Google are you nuts ?
                Phones had a JVM many years before Android 1.0, that was not so unreasonable.

Originally posted by narutowindy View Post
                - No privacy from the beginning, google Dah!!
                Gimme your data + location.
                That escalated when they merged user accounts (youtube, mail etc.) into a do-it-all single account. A friend of mine asked how to (or whether to) login with his e-mail address on his linux installation. He was content with the auto-login feature. (and the fast unaccelerated video playback on firefox).

Comment

Originally posted by caligula View Post
                  Why would anyone need this? New phones have beefier CPUs so they should be able to handle all sorts of loads.

New phones have larger batteries. Why should one fix it on software level when you can invest in larger batteries?

Maybe buy more RAM so that there's enough for all the apps?
                  Like the old adagio of bad software companies: Just throw more hardware against it.
                  I'll assume you were being ironic.

Comment

Working...
                  X