No announcement yet.

TUXEDO Introduces New Linux Laptop With Ryzen 7 4800H / Ryzen 5 4600H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was getting my hopes up, and then saw, it has got soldered RAM. However, I hope it gets better with options over the year.

Comment

Originally posted by wizard69 View Post

The problem is the manufactures have listened and don't hear an overwhelming demand for eGPU solutions. Even if USB4 is mixed in with future machines (very likely because it is the new standard) it doesn't mean that the eGPU market will suddenly explode. There has to be enough pull from customer demand to keep eGPU in the manufactures cross hairs.
      This is non issue. There's more than enough of options for eGPU boxes. AMD laptops are missing (with not soldered RAM).

Comment

Oh, this TUXEDO looks very nice. And I'm surprised that such a powerful laptop starts around $1,000.

But now that the draconian Intel monopoly is over and AMD is here, we can expect to see more and more powerful laptops and desktops at reasonable prices in the coming years.

Comment

Can anyone find a picture of the keyboard?

Comment

seriously , why do all linux laptop manufacturers insist on using display panels that were found in a dumpster outside of a 7-11 ?

Comment

Originally posted by Chugworth View Post
              I'd say it looks very similar to Walmart's Motile laptops:
              Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

But, that's a decent design. I just hope they've added the ability to charge through USB-C.
              True, it would be cool if we could connect a USB Type-C dock to the laptop, that could charge the laptop, and also connect it to input/display/peripherals.

Comment

Originally posted by kravemir View Post

I was getting my hopes up, and then saw, it has got soldered RAM. However, I hope it gets better with options over the year.
                Yeah, soldered RAM is annoying if you don't get the desired amount at the beginning. I bought a laptop with 8 GB of soldered RAM, now I wish I had 16 GB.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Again with this? For the gazillionth time: TUXEDO uses TongFang designs, NOT Clevo.
                  How does TongFang compare to Clevo in terms of build quality? I have a System76 Darter Pro, which is a Clevo, but I don't like the build quality.

Comment

Originally posted by sandy8925 View Post

Yeah, soldered RAM is annoying if you don't get the desired amount at the beginning. I bought a laptop with 8 GB of soldered RAM, now I wish I had 16 GB.
                    Yep. I've got currently 48GB RAM, and I regularly reach 20GB of usage with whole environment opened (lots of Java and nodejs based apps, and browsers). It's an overkill for now, but I don't think even 32GB is future proof.

Comment

I really love the design and hardware of Pulse series laptops. TongFang really stepped-up their game. Unfortunately my old Ivy Bridge based ultrabook still works relatively fine so I have no need to buy a new one. But once that day comes I will totally consider Tuxedo or Slimbook (or System76 but those guys are mostly out of my price range now).

Comment

Working...
                      X