Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Originally posted by kravemir View Post

I was getting my hopes up, and then saw, it has got soldered RAM. However, I hope it gets better with options over the year.
    Yeah, soldered RAM is annoying if you don't get the desired amount at the beginning. I bought a laptop with 8 GB of soldered RAM, now I wish I had 16 GB.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Chugworth View Post
    I'd say it looks very similar to Walmart's Motile laptops:
    Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

But, that's a decent design. I just hope they've added the ability to charge through USB-C.
    True, it would be cool if we could connect a USB Type-C dock to the laptop, that could charge the laptop, and also connect it to input/display/peripherals.

Leave a comment:

• k11stan
    replied
    seriously , why do all linux laptop manufacturers insist on using display panels that were found in a dumpster outside of a 7-11 ?

Leave a comment:

• flgram
    replied
    Can anyone find a picture of the keyboard?

Leave a comment:

• muncrief
    replied
    Oh, this TUXEDO looks very nice. And I'm surprised that such a powerful laptop starts around $1,000.

But now that the draconian Intel monopoly is over and AMD is here, we can expect to see more and more powerful laptops and desktops at reasonable prices in the coming years.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by wizard69 View Post

The problem is the manufactures have listened and don't hear an overwhelming demand for eGPU solutions. Even if USB4 is mixed in with future machines (very likely because it is the new standard) it doesn't mean that the eGPU market will suddenly explode. There has to be enough pull from customer demand to keep eGPU in the manufactures cross hairs.
    This is non issue. There's more than enough of options for eGPU boxes. AMD laptops are missing (with not soldered RAM).

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I was getting my hopes up, and then saw, it has got soldered RAM. However, I hope it gets better with options over the year.

Leave a comment:

• wizard69
    replied

Not an excuse,... it's still a faster, than what I have currently, but it doesn't matter much now, for me there's a specific reason, which would make me to buy a new laptop: AMD CPU, not embedded with Nvidia discrete GPU, and USB4 support for docking into eGPU setup.

And, I hope manufacturers care to listen, what customers want, ... or I'll go with Intel and Thunderbolt, if there will be a need to buy a new one (performance reasons, or maybe failure of current one,...). AMD should have pushed for Thunderbolt-like interface long time ago,...
    The problem is the manufactures have listened and don't hear an overwhelming demand for eGPU solutions. Even if USB4 is mixed in with future machines (very likely because it is the new standard) it doesn't mean that the eGPU market will suddenly explode. There has to be enough pull from customer demand to keep eGPU in the manufactures cross hairs.

Leave a comment:

• xxmitsu
    replied

Can you name exact model names with brand name? I can't find those laptops, AMD CPU + Thunderbolt,...
    After facing a few delays, AMD's premier Ryzen 7 4800U is finally starting to hit store shelves. Results are insane for a 14-inch subnotebook to the point where it'd be tough to recommend an Intel counterpart when given the same price.

Leave a comment:

• wizard69
    replied
    Originally posted by VanCoding View Post

That's exactly what I'm waiting for as well.
    eGPU died last year, I don't see a sustainable volume ever happening.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X