TUXEDO Introduces New Linux Laptop With Ryzen 7 4800H / Ryzen 5 4600H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kravemir View Post
    If it had USB 4 for eGPU support, I would go for it!
    You do realize that USB4 isn't even out yet? I think Intel just got their first hardware with support into QA last month. The new Lenovo Ryzen 4800 models at least added discrete Thunderbolt support to their new Flex laptops with alt-mode and PD.

Comment

Originally posted by edwaleni View Post

You do realize that USB4 isn't even out yet? I think Intel just got their first hardware with support into QA last month. The new Lenovo Ryzen 4800 models at least added discrete Thunderbolt support to their new Flex laptops with alt-mode and PD.
      Don't worry. For ever product launch, on every category conceivable, anywhere in the world, there is someone like him that had to make a excuse for not buying the product, like if anyone care ...

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post

Don't worry. For ever product launch, on every category conceivable, anywhere in the world, there is someone like him that had to make a excuse for not buying the product, like if anyone care ...
        Yes. It's like when a new Pi comes out people say it is no good because it doesn't meet some obtuse use case that would be impossible at $35.

I get it, people want the latest and greatest for the least amount of bucks. But vendors don't typically put the latest tech in their lower tiers of product. They want to differentiate and find margin.

Comment

Originally posted by alexvoda View Post

Not this one. The ODM for this one (and the Slimbook and the Motile) is TongFang.
          Thanks for the clarification!

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post

Not an excuse,... it's still a faster, than what I have currently, but it doesn't matter much now, for me there's a specific reason, which would make me to buy a new laptop: AMD CPU, not embedded with Nvidia discrete GPU, and USB4 support for docking into eGPU setup.

And, I hope manufacturers care to listen, what customers want, ... or I'll go with Intel and Thunderbolt, if there will be a need to buy a new one (performance reasons, or maybe failure of current one,...). AMD should have pushed for Thunderbolt-like interface long time ago,...

Comment

Originally posted by edwaleni View Post

Can you name exact model names with brand name? I can't find those laptops, AMD CPU + Thunderbolt,...

Comment

Not an excuse,... it's still a faster, than what I have currently, but it doesn't matter much now, for me there's a specific reason, which would make me to buy a new laptop: AMD CPU, not embedded with Nvidia discrete GPU, and USB4 support for docking into eGPU setup.
                I don't need an eGPU but I do have a TB docking station that I would like to continue to use. So I'm in the same boat, I'll likely go with Intel this year and re-visit AMD next year.

Comment

Originally posted by VanCoding View Post

That's exactly what I'm waiting for as well.
                  eGPU died last year, I don't see a sustainable volume ever happening.

Comment

Can you name exact model names with brand name? I can't find those laptops, AMD CPU + Thunderbolt,...
                    After facing a few delays, AMD's premier Ryzen 7 4800U is finally starting to hit store shelves. Results are insane for a 14-inch subnotebook to the point where it'd be tough to recommend an Intel counterpart when given the same price.

Comment

And, I hope manufacturers care to listen, what customers want, ... or I'll go with Intel and Thunderbolt, if there will be a need to buy a new one (performance reasons, or maybe failure of current one,...). AMD should have pushed for Thunderbolt-like interface long time ago,...
                      The problem is the manufactures have listened and don't hear an overwhelming demand for eGPU solutions. Even if USB4 is mixed in with future machines (very likely because it is the new standard) it doesn't mean that the eGPU market will suddenly explode. There has to be enough pull from customer demand to keep eGPU in the manufactures cross hairs.

Comment

Working...
                      X