System76 Preparing Coreboot Laptop With Core i9 10900K, Up To 128GB RAM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
    Of course, anything computationally intensive is best done on a desktop. Those tiny little laptop fans whirring at 7000 rpm get real annoying after a while. There are certain jobs however that require you to travel or otherwise require more mobility than a desktop allows. This laptop fills that niche.
    But even then, there are other portable systems more capable than this laptop, such as the MediaWorkstations a-XP.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
      But even then, there are other portable systems more capable than this laptop, such as the MediaWorkstations a-XP.
      That's not a laptop. Different product, different market segment, different use case.

Comment

Originally posted by OneTimeShot View Post

Eh... My Windows 98 machine had 128Mb RAM, and that was mid-range. I remember adverts hitting the 1Gb RAM mark while I was at Uni so even if wasn't standard, it was a very much what you'd expect at the top end.
        recommended requirements for Windows 98 was 24MB RAM, so your machine was definitely high-end. two years later in year 2000 1GB definitely wasn't standard.
        please also notice that Windows XP was released in 2001 and had 128MB ram as recommended and 64MB as minimum.
        Last edited by pracedru; 20 August 2020, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X