Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New KDE Slimbook Released - Powered By AMD Ryzen 7 4800H

Phoronix: New KDE Slimbook Released - Powered By AMD Ryzen 7 4800H

The KDE Slimbook is getting a big upgrade in the form of the ProX and ProX 15 that are powered by AMD's Ryzen 7 4800H "Renoir" processor for offering much better performance and all-around better specs...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Oh, that's excciting! And great timing (for me ;-) ). I hope, we will get the small one with an US keyboard in Europe, too. Cannot wait to see the rest of the specs.

phoronix Michael, will you check for dual-channel of the RAM, too, please? (And USB-C loading/display, if time permits) :-)

Comment

Michael When you get one, please check if USB-C has DisplayPort alternate mode.

Comment

The Slimbook 15 (https://slimbook.es/en/store/slimboo...ook-15-comprar) looks almost identical to the Tuxedo Pulse 15 (https://www.tuxedocomputers.com/en/Linux-Hardware/Linux-Notebooks/15-16-inch/TUXEDO-Book-Pulse-15-Gen1.tuxedo) released two days ago. Simbook claims aluminum chassis, Tuxedo claims magnesium, but they look identical CPU(Tuxedo also comes in a Ryzen 5 version) and portwise. Side profiles are similar too. The only difference is that Tuxedo's are black and Slimbooks are white.

If they do share a motherboard as they seem to, the previous commentators questions can be answered from Tuxedo's much more detailed info page:
        - No displayport in USB-C,
        - Dual Channel Ram is available if you want more than the default 8gb ram (Ram options are: 8, 8+8, 16+16 and 32+32) with speeds up to 3200Mhz
        Last edited by Syfer; 22 July 2020, 05:20 AM.

Comment

Another Clevo under different sticker for €400 more ?

Why bother ?
          Last edited by Brane215; 22 July 2020, 05:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brane215 View Post
            Clevo
            System76! It's time to go full AMD now that Clevo made an AMD part!

Comment

Originally posted by Syfer View Post
              If they do share a motherboard as they seem to, the previous commentators questions can be answered from Tuxedo's much more detailed info page:
              - No displayport in USB-C
              Thanks!

Oh man, that would be a real pity :-(

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

System76! It's time to go full AMD now that Clevo made an AMD part!
                I like Flex 5.
                But if I really needed something Full AMD, Dell G5 15 doesn't seem as bad choice. Well, only choice with nice AMD dGPU.

For me, something like LG Gram 17, but with AMD would seem to be an ideal machine for my work.
                Nice area to fit 2560x1600, 2in1 functionality, so I can use it for demonstrations and work on fairs, conferences etc.
                17" is nice area that actually enables all those pixels to eb effectively used. Also, it gives great area for demonstation and good volume for big battery.
                It also has great screen tha can make persuaasive presentations even outdoors.
                It just fails on one last criterion - it's Intel only.
                For now.

Last edited by Brane215; 22 July 2020, 06:02 AM.

Comment

Brane215 It's not a Clevo. If it's based on the same laptop as the Tuxedo one, it's from Tongfang:

At least someone claimed that in the story about the Tuxedo one. Don't know if it's true.

Comment

Brane215 I did not claim it changed anything. It was just some friendly information. You do what you will of it.

Comment

Working...
                    X