TUXEDO Computers Launches A Linux Laptop With Ryzen 7 4800H / Ryzen 5 4600H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mez' View Post
    It's good to see these kind of AMD pre-loaded laptop with decent specs.

It's still a bit pricey for what it is, but it's really getting there!
    I would be willing to replace my 8+ years old Asus laptop with one of these if the base price would be around 750€.
    You must consider that with this price you are supporting a small company. If you want a cheap laptop there are better windows alternatives.
    Besides you can get a 91Wh laptop for 897 Euro. It's a great price for such a battery.

Dual channel ram is optional.

Comment

Check out the configurator here: https://www.tuxedocomputers.com/en/L...4-configurator.

Comment

Looks nice but in 2020 any device with a barrel charge connector is dead to me!

Comment

I will wait for any video review and probably buy it from Japan... (but looks like I need proper AC)

Comment

Hmmm unfortunately they have no DP over usb-c. (

Comment

This looks fantastic, I am a bit sad that they did not choose to support DisplayPort over USB-C. Unfortunately Intel is still ahead of the game with Thunderbolt if you want to do USB-C Power Delivery and connect multiple displays at the same time. Otherwise this is a fantastic laptop!

Comment

Originally posted by stalkerg View Post
                I will wait for any video review and probably buy it from Japan... (but looks like I need proper AC)
                Wait no further:

squash They support USB-PD up to 65W according to reviewers and XMG/Schenker

Comment

That seems to be the same Tongfang design as in the XMG/Schenker VIA 15 and the Mechrevo Code 01. So overall quite decent, except the lack of USB-C with DisplayPort function is unforgivable at the 1000€ price point.

According to some comments on the Internet, adding DP to the USB-C port would have required another PCB layer in the mobo.

Comment

@all Tuxedo aswell as Schenker are usually rebranded CLEVO's. So you might find the same Model from System76 soon or any other Clevo rebrand.

Comment

Damn... My ecologist conviction (I already own a laptop which still works very fine XD) is pushed hard at the look of this...

I'll definitely recommend it for anyone looking for a solid and durable laptop though, unless reviews would demonstrate a fatal flaw like insufficient brightness or build quality problems...

Comment

Working...
                      X