Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TUXEDO Computers Launches Their First AMD Linux Laptop

Phoronix: TUXEDO Computers Launches Their First AMD Linux Laptop

TUXEDO Computers has launched their first AMD-powered Linux laptop! The excitement quickly faded though when seeing it's not a Renoir design...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...A15-AMD-Laptop

Finally. I think if this/AMD systems sell well on TUXEDO, they will have a bigger focus on it.
    And even if its not the latest CPU model, its still a good one and has good out-of-the-box Kernel support.

Comment

This is great. The price is on the higher side but OOB linux support is good. Pairing a 15W cpu with a 90+ Wh battery in a 15 inch screen is probably going to get the full performance out of the chip. This only needs Ryzen 4000 now and probably also important is dual channel memory.

Comment

Cool. It would be nice to own an AMD laptop, so I can share QEMU snapshops with my main computer (ryzen 1700).

Comment

Last gen and single channel :/

Comment

Single channel memory is a deal breaker for me, especially knowing how better APUs do perform when using fast, dual channel memory.

Comment

Originally posted by Pranos View Post
              Finally. I think if this/AMD systems sell well on TUXEDO, they will have a bigger focus on it.
              And even if its not the latest CPU model, its still a good one and has good out-of-the-box Kernel support.
              But how realistic is it that it will sell well with an older generation CPU?

Comment

One gen old and single channel. This is very half-assed.

Nobody should buy this. Please do not support incompetence.

Comment

Originally posted by ayumu View Post
                  One gen old and single channel. This is very half-assed.

Nobody should buy this. Please do not support incompetence.
                  Agreed, bang goes half your graphics memory bandwidth. At least they put a decent 91Wh battery (take note other vendors) in it but that doesn't make up for the glaring dual channel omission.
                  Last edited by Slartifartblast; 05-24-2020, 08:27 AM.

Comment

"Pricing starts at 859 EUR for the configuration with 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD storage" ...

L O L

Comment

Working...
                    X