Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sailfish OS 3.3 "Rokua" Released With Many Improvements For This Mobile Linux OS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shtirlic
    replied
    Originally posted by make_adobe_on_Linux! View Post
    Any thoughts on LineageOS vs SailfishOS in terms of privacy and security? GrapheneOS seems great, but I don't feel like buying a new Pixel.
    Good question, research some info about SailfishOS and Jolla current ownership.

Leave a comment:

• JacekJagosz
    replied
    As very long time Sailfish OS user I think it a usable everyday mobile OS, and when the QT stack and Webkit update will finally come, it is gonna be great, because you will finally be able to use native browser for all websites and it will make porting new QT apps a lot more easier.
    What buggs me the most about how the whole project is managed is how rarely some things get updated. Only now we got GCC update, QT version is crazy old (and they can't even tell yet to which version will they update it), gecko in native browser is 4 years old, kernels are crazy old and so on.
    But even as the UI concept is very similar to MeeGo, it still is so much better to use than new Android and its clunky gestures.

Leave a comment:

• Nille_kungen
    replied
    Been using 3.3 for some time and if you appreciate screen orientation in android apps then you shouldn't upgrade since it's broken in 3.3
    Originally posted by Terr-E View Post
    I miss the "always on clock" feature of my previous phone ( Nokia N9 ).
    I miss that too but also double tapping the screen.

Leave a comment:

• Terr-E
    replied
    Also downloading now.
    I sincerely hope Jolla will support a model with an OLED screen, I miss the "always on clock" feature of my previous phone ( Nokia N9 ).

Leave a comment:

• Jedibeeftrix
    replied
    downloading now.

thanks jolla, looking forward to seeing official support for the Xperia 10 II (my next phone if SFOS is supported).

Leave a comment:

• deusexmachina
    replied
    Any thoughts on LineageOS vs SailfishOS in terms of privacy and security? GrapheneOS seems great, but I don't feel like buying a new Pixel.

Leave a comment:

• Sailfish OS 3.3 "Rokua" Released With Many Improvements For This Mobile Linux OS

Phoronix: Sailfish OS 3.3 "Rokua" Released With Many Improvements For This Mobile Linux OS

Jolla announced today Sailfish OS 3.3 "Rokua" as the newest version of their Linux-based smartphone platform...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X