Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TUXEDO Computers Launches A Power/Thermal Control Center For Their Linux Systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TUXEDO Computers Launches A Power/Thermal Control Center For Their Linux Systems

Phoronix: TUXEDO Computers Launches A Power/Thermal Control Center For Their Linux Systems

German Linux PC vendor TUXEDO Computers has launched the "TUXEDO Control Center" to provide a GUI-driven control panel for managing thermal and power settings on their systems...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

While I appreciate the effort, I'm not a fan of Node.js so thanks but no thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by lowlands View Post
      While I appreciate the effort, I'm not a fan of Node.js so thanks but no thanks.
      meh, it is what it is and that's what they have chosen.

I had a look at it - and as one would expect - it is very tightly coupled to their platform

Comment

As an openSUSE user I am happy with this support.

Comment

Originally posted by lowlands View Post
          The sad thing is, that looks like it'd be a breeze to do in Qt's QML-free QWidget APIs, either pure C++ or via the Python bindings.

Comment

Is it comparable to Slimbook Battery 3?

Comment

It is open source, let's fork it and do it in Rust hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by ssokolow View Post

The sad thing is, that looks like it'd be a breeze to do in Qt's QML-free QWidget APIs, either pure C++ or via the Python bindings.
                Pure C++ is bad idea, either Rust or something else with automatic memory management (garbage collection). C++ takes time to write correctly without memory leaks.

Comment

Originally posted by kravemir View Post

Pure C++ is bad idea, either Rust or something else with automatic memory management (garbage collection). C++ takes time to write correctly without memory leaks.
                  I was just pointing that out as the polar opposite to doing it in something Node-based to drive home that it's really overkill to rely on something best suited to custom widgetry in this situation.

Python would be what I'd use for automatic memory management in that context, given that the best QWidget bindings currently available for Qt (rust-qt) are still in a state where most of the APIs are the low-level unsafe wrappers because it only just got support for custom signals and slots and subclassing support is apparently the next primary focus.

Comment

Originally posted by ssokolow View Post

So? If it is "a breeze" you can always re-implement it with the preferred tools.

Comment

Working...
                    X