Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linux 5.7 Adds Support For The Qualcomm Snapdragon 865, Mainline PinePhone Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ehansin View Post
    Excuse my ignorance here, but does the mainline inclusion support for the Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 SoC also mean there is graphics inclusion? I just don't know details, but do know that open source graphics on ARM is sore spot. According to here, it uses the Adreno 650 GPU:
    it looks like Google is intending to use Freedreno for the Qualcomm-based Chromebooks they are working on.

Comment

As a owner of a PinePhone Braveheart, that's a very good news! Btw Michael PinePhone Ubuntu Touch Edition can now be pre-ordered: https://ubports.com/fr_FR/blog/notre...s-are-open-271 you should probably write an article about that

Comment

Will the Xiaomi K30 pro (865 + WiFi 6 + BT 5 + UFS 3 + NFC + Sd) be able to use Manjaro or "pinephone" OSs?
        Will pine be able to sell better GNU compatible phones based in future old 865 devices?

Comment

Originally posted by archsway View Post

it looks like Google is intending to use Freedreno for the Qualcomm-based Chromebooks they are working on.
          Ok, thanks. l looked it up. Don't know how well it works, but if the chip has out of the box support, including graphics, seems like a good thing to me!

Comment

Working...
          X