Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The $199 Motile M141 With AMD Ryzen 3 3200U Offers Surprisingly Decent Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotMine999 View Post

Yes, but it's discounted from $599, so as my significant other might say, "I got a deal!!"
    You don't idea idea how many money wasted my mother in law with this trick to Gruupon... Everything was $100 and now $10, at a certain point after all the garbage she bought I had show her that on Amizon all that garbage costed even less and she was tricked... Oh my...

Comment

Originally posted by Cape View Post

I like how you clearly made a distinction between UK and EU
      Hope to see you soon from the other side of the border as well!!

Death to EU ❤
      If EU dies, privacy dies.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
        If EU dies, privacy dies.
        If EU dies, privacy is the last thing you will care about. Dropping nukes all over Europe (the geographical thing) would do less damage.

Losing one nation or two, even if it is a major one like UK, isn't a big issue.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
          If EU dies, privacy is the last thing you will care about. Dropping nukes all over Europe (the geographical thing) would do less damage.

Losing one nation or two, even if it is a major one like UK, isn't a big issue.
          Hahaha! Bullshit. EU is 4th Reich. Killing it would bring MORE stability, not less

Comment

Hahaha! Bullshit. EU is 4th Reich. Killing it would bring MORE stability, not less
            Hm... you got to be American. Most young (<45 y) Europeans are in favor of EU. It's giving working people a lot of opportunities, it's easier to get medical help outside your own country. etc etc... any argument I bring will not sway/ educate you anyway so why bother.

Kind regards
            Brut.

Comment

Hahaha! Bullshit. EU is 4th Reich.
              I don't love EU either, but destroying it and reverting back to pre-EU lone nations would land everyone in a far worse situation than the one they are in, regardless of your uninformed opinion.

This applies to US and Soviet*ahem* Putin's Russia as well. Hell, it applies to Iraq and Lybia and Syria too for that matter. They were shitty states when they were totalitarian regimes, but they were at least stable and predictable, and not a constant mess of tribal infighting and constant military revolts and pointless bs like they currently are.

Everyone that says there is an easy way out of a complex socio-economical situation is bullshitting you, destruction is almost never a good choice.

Comment

aaand unapproved post for Cape above this. It will appear after a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Panda_Wrist View Post
                  So for fun last night I decided to benchmark my System76 Lemur i3-5010U and my Gigabyte Brix-Pro i7-4770R against the tests in the last article about this laptop. What I learned was, that my laptop is shit. But I barely use it and it does what i need to do so no need to upgrade. Now the Desktop on the other hand, that needs an upgrade. Sure it won pretty much all the test, but just only being slightly faster on single threaded tests suck and the multi-threaded tests scaled about as expected for 4/8 vs 2/4.

Here are the results if anyone is interested https://openbenchmarking.org/result/...HU-2002039HU32
                  That's a bit dramatic, don't you think? If it meets your needs, and performs acceptably for the specific tasks you do, then it's just fine, not shit at all. I have an i3 5005u running Fedora and it's great, performs very well for all the office document and web tasks I use it for. Are there more powerful options on the market today? Of course. But why do I care when this circa 2015 machine suits my needs just fine. There's always going to be a next new thing that's faster and shinier than yours.

Comment

Originally posted by enigmaxg2 View Post
                    SSD get a nice performace bump, but at the cost of going back 15 years in terms of capacity (on entry level or mid-range laptops),
                    For most people this isn't a huge problem, most end users don't have hundreds of GBs of stuff.

And the people that do, will be much better off with an external drive that will survive the demise of the trashbook as I said, because these things are NOT meant to last.
                    Windows and office fuck-ton of updates, fill them faster than light...
                    That's a load of crap, Windows 10 updates still haven't filled 64GB drives and 128 GB drives are dirt cheap already. The only issue is if you have 32GB or less.

Since optical drives are phased out, they could use the space to put a traditional drive in there in addition to the main SSD.
                    This is done (or possible) in more expensive models.

Comment

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
                      That's a bit dramatic, don't you think? If it meets your needs, and performs acceptably for the specific tasks you do, then it's just fine, not shit at all.
                      Nah if its performance is garbage (and any Intel CPU with the name ending with "U" is garbage, they are fake i5 and i7 that suck) it can be legitimately called shit.

That said, it's a tool, so as long as it does the job you don't need to upgrade

Comment

Working...
                      X