Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The $199 Motile M141 With AMD Ryzen 3 3200U Offers Surprisingly Decent Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The $199 Motile M141 With AMD Ryzen 3 3200U Offers Surprisingly Decent Performance

Phoronix: The $199 Motile M141 With AMD Ryzen 3 3200U Offers Surprisingly Decent Performance

Last week we published benchmarks of the Motile M141, Walmart's private-label tech branch, and the M141 being a Ryzen 3 3200U powered laptop that has been retailing for just $199 USD. In those initial benchmarks was an extensive look at the Windows vs. Linux performance while this article today is looking at the performance of this AMD Ryzen 3 laptop against a number of old and new Intel laptops, all tested using a daily snapshot of Ubuntu 20.04 LTS.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

That's pretty respectable for a trashbook (laptop in the sub-400$ price range). I also applaud on the choice to place a SSD in there.

Michael Is the screen an IPS? It seems it has decent viewing angles for a TN in the images

Comment

Wow. A 199$ Ryzen 3 3200U ON A SINGLE MEMORY CHANNEL coming that close to a Core i5 8265U is insane.

Comment

I love how it's the Ice Lake that overheats.

Comment

Originally posted by Danielsan View Post
          After your review they raised up the price...
          AFAIK the 199$ was a discounted price for launch or something.

Comment

What is the nationality of this company (Motile)?

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
              AFAIK the 199$ was a discounted price for launch or something.
              There was probably a boost in sales after that first article about it. I'll bet some of their prices adjust automatically based on the number of sales and stock levels.

If the crossed out price is to be believed, it normally sales for $599.

Comment

Originally posted by Chugworth View Post
                There was probably a boost in sales after that first article about it. I'll bet some of their prices adjust automatically based on the number of sales and stock levels.

If the crossed out price is to be believed, it normally sales for $599.
                This is often a marketing strategy where the old price is most of the time the suggested price from the manufacturer.

Comment

Originally posted by torbido View Post
                  What is the nationality of this company (Motile)?
                  I think it is Walmart's brand.

Comment

Working...
                  X