Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Finally Publishes Sensor Fusion Hub Driver For Linux

Phoronix: AMD Finally Publishes Sensor Fusion Hub Driver For Linux

One of the missing features for those with AMD Ryzen laptops has been the lack of a Sensor Fusion Hub driver that is needed for supporting the accelerometer and gyroscopic sensors for the display and related laptop sensor functionality. This week AMD finally posted patches for a Sensor Fusion Hub Linux driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This bodes well for all the shiny new AMD based laptops that are surely inbound!

Comment

Originally posted by boxie View Post
      This bodes well for all the shiny new AMD based laptops that are surely inbound!
      Hopefully one of them is a Thinkpad with specs similar or better than the X1 Extreme Gen 2

Comment

This is excellent news, looks like soon I'll be able to use my laptop to its full extent (well, minus the fingerprint reader, but that's a different matter...)

Comment

Originally posted by boxie View Post
          That is almost word for word what went through my mind reading this article. I suspect we are starting to see the effects of having success in the market place leads to. More money for development means fewer frustrations from users.

Comment

Finally. Hopefully someone can build a test kernel.

Comment

There are laptops with accelerometers and gyroscopes?

Comment

Originally posted by wizard69 View Post

That is almost word for word what went through my mind reading this article. I suspect we are starting to see the effects of having success in the market place leads to. More money for development means fewer frustrations from users.
                Well, I still don't see much evidence of better support. It's been a few years of Ryzen CPUs and success, but AMD's Linux support is still pretty bad (although it may be improving).

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post
                  Yes, it's mainly used for detecting if the device falls (earlier used to stop spinning hard drives to protect them) , and for screen rotation in tablets.

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post
                    In addition to what Guest said, convertible laptops also have accelerometers when you fold them into tablet mode, so you can hold them vertically.

Comment

Working...
                    X