OpenWrt 19.07 Released With WPA3 Support, Ath79 Target

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mangix View Post

ar71xx is an OpenWrt platform based on Mach files and is completely unsuitable for the mainline kernel. ath79 is DTS based, and is currently being upstreamed.
    I see, so ar71xx was supported by openwrt while ath79 will have mainline support. From end user's POV nothing changes.

Comment

I bought the Linksys WRT3200ACS years ago with the purpose of using OpenWrt with it, but there was no official support back then, and with time I forgot about that because the original fw has never given me any headache, which is so rare with routers!

Anyone using OpenWrt with this router can confirm how stable it runs?

Comment

Originally posted by jntesteves View Post
        I bought the Linksys WRT3200ACS years ago with the purpose of using OpenWrt with it, but there was no official support back then, and with time I forgot about that because the original fw has never given me any headache, which is so rare with routers!

Anyone using OpenWrt with this router can confirm how stable it runs?
        Ethernet is amazing, CPU works well, SATA works well, USB has compatibility problems (some devices don't work), wireless driver development is dead, so no WPA3 support.

Other than that, it works quite well based on what I've seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium

WPA2 is broken... and it was designed to be broken. attacker can read it in clear text like you use open-wirreless.

WPA3 is secure and good.
          You're confusing WPA2 with WEP. Reading traffic in clear text is rather difficult and requires knowledge of the password used on the network.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium

wrong... there is open one next one in time history was WEP next one was WPA1 then WPA2 then WPA3

WPA2 is broken you can read the traffic in open. and it was developed this way to make sure intelligence services can read it in open.
            I understand you lack any and all technical knowledge regarding WiFi, so please stop spreading FUD.

I know how to hack WiFi networks. You clearly do not.

Comment

Originally posted by hax0r View Post
              openwrt is nice and their use of only foss drivers is great approach too, but for home router I prefer broadcom chipset and their propiretery .o blob files that come bundled with dd-wrt, great performance, great reliability, WiFi is great, it just works. Openwrt or pfsense doesn't come close, but they have their own uses.
              DD-WRT's big downside is it's braindead version of an Web UI. VLAN's don't seem to be working as they should (try setting up IPTV for example)

Comment

Originally posted by hax0r View Post
                openwrt is nice and their use of only foss drivers is great approach too, but for home router I prefer broadcom chipset and their propiretery .o blob files that come bundled with dd-wrt, great performance, great reliability, WiFi is great, it just works. Openwrt or pfsense doesn't come close, but they have their own uses.
                I've never had issues with openwrt flashed boxes. Rock solid 24/7/365. OTOH I had to spend some time to learn about the compatibility.

Comment

That refers to KRACK. It's an implementation ptoblem, not a protocol problem. It's also a client side vulnerability. It's already been patched in OpenWrt.

Comment

For trunk code and recent images it's patched. For loads of older routers with pre-2017 firmware KRACK is a definite issue. And there's no fix, except buying new router. Due memory constraints you won't be able to upgrade to newer fw.

Comment

Originally posted by aht0 View Post
                      For trunk code anhd recent images it's patched. For loads of older routers with pre-2017 firmware KRACK is a definite issue. And there's no fix, except buying new router. Due memory constraints you won't be able to upgrade to newer fw.
                      LEDE 17.01 and OpenWrt 18.06/19.07 all have it patched.

Comment

Working...
                      X