Purism Has Librem 5 Audio Routing Working, Other Software Progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purism Has Librem 5 Audio Routing Working, Other Software Progress

Phoronix: Purism Has Librem 5 Audio Routing Working, Other Software Progress

Purism has shared an update on their software work for the Librem 5 Linux smartphone over the course of last month...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Horse-shit...nothing but the typical Purism horse-shit.

From their "...latest..." "...another post...", under "Accomplishments" (what a laugh)--

"...Librem Tunnel got mentioned as “App of the month”..."

WHAT?! Got mentioned WHERE? What little you can find on this alleged "App of the Month" indicates that people can't get it to work--whatever IT is.

The only thing that "news" about Purism provides is entertainment...laughs--nothing more.

Comment

Okay Michael, I'm sure I speak for all of your loyal readers when I say you can take today and tomorrow off to spend with your growing family.

We greatly appreciate the incredible amount of time and effort you put into your work, and the fantastic job you do everyday.

And we want you to have a wonderful Christmas, sharing as many smiles and laughs and hugs with your new baby and wonderful wife as humanly possible

Merry Christmas!

Comment

> as right now the device runs very warm and only for around one hour of battery life

three hours* :P

Comment

j
          Originally posted by dos1 View Post
          > as right now the device runs very warm and only for around one hour of battery life

So the next inaccuracy or fake news Michael spreads on this topic (assuming you say the truth) in the last news he claimed something along the line that they missed their release date when it was a release window and the more or less shipped at the end of that window (not sure it was 1 2 days before or after but we hopefully don't make a big fuss about 1 or 2 days?), now this.

Sure you can argue that 3 hours still suck, but A is that a different question but it's a difference if you have to at least get 10 times the runtimes or only 3 times to be not great but acceptable as a solid stepstone.

Also I miss the positive "framing" that they deliver, yes not always on point with the timing, but eventually they deliver, this can not be taken for granted, if you can remember what Jolla did with their tablet "scam".

And you also make fun of them having big and difficult tasks, but you could see it that way despite them trying to get the holy gral, which nobody can deliver and they got the basics done just fix the battery issues and you solved one of the biggest problems on our planet Google+Apple.

I applaud Librem for having the how do you say that in english? balls? I would say in german the "bit" to go though all that, it's a extremely hard thing to do to reverse engineer all that shit and git in running, and that is only the software side, can't imagine the hardware work done to get that done, huge respect from me, and you create(d) a new Mobile OS you did just the work of google and apple but with much much smaller manpower and budget and in a ethical way, huge respect. Even Jolla didn't have to reverse engineer the drivers because they just used the Android blobs. The software side alone is crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by dos1 View Post

Is that how long Michael may take off over Christmas ?

On a more serious note. It takes processing power to lump the gnome stack around ...

I wonder if some non-interactive functionality will be tied to the gui.
            Last edited by Raka555; 25 December 2019, 12:10 AM.

Comment

Sigh. They could've just used Android, but without Google Play Services. Nice mature OS, specifically written to work on mobile devices like this one, with a lot of nice open source libraries and apps available.

All they'd have to work on were the drivers, to get to a functional system.

Comment

Originally posted by sandy8925 View Post
                Sigh. They could've just used Android, but without Google Play Services. Nice mature OS, specifically written to work on mobile devices like this one, with a lot of nice open source libraries and apps available.

All they'd have to work on were the drivers, to get to a functional system.
                The Unique Selling Point is that is is build for the Linux Ecosystem. The Market for Android is flooded with devices and they would need to compete with cheap Chinese Devices. You could buy a good supported one and flash LineageOS https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/ or https://www.replicant.us/supported-devices.php For only free software

And if you look here it is not that easy to get a Android Device to fully work under Linux https://wiki.postmarketos.org/wiki/Devices That's why Pure Linux Phones are useful like the Librem5 or the PinePhone that are build with Linux support in mind.

Comment

blackiwid someone who bought Librem 5 mentioned the 1 hour battery life, you can read his review here https://0net.io/1EwAh4KUfGgRw1re7uyr...an+early+stage.

The three hours battery life is mentioned in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjFWQHrzVLw.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray_o View Post
                    blackiwid someone who bought Librem 5 mentioned the 1 hour battery life, you can read his review here https://0net.io/1EwAh4KUfGgRw1re7uyr...an+early+stage.

The three hours battery life is mentioned in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjFWQHrzVLw.
                    as right now the device runs very warm and only for around one hour of battery life
                    Then he should say something like "last I heard" or whatever but not "right now" that is just another neglegent. Because it's not true "right now" apparently we are at 3 hours. Especially if you write and even partially was part of creating a controverse bouble of librem haters, by feeding them specially framed news.

As example this news and the news here in the comments could have been 2 positive articles about librem like:
                    1. "Librem got voice calls fixed"
                    2. "Librem improved battery runtime from 1 hour to 3 hours"

Instead it was something like:
                    "Librem got voice calls fixed but it's still shit because it has only 1 hour batterie runtime"

Maybe my framing would be biased to positive, but there might be somewhere in between this 2 extremes.

Comment

Working...
                    X