Lenovo X1 Extreme 2nd Generation To Have Better Touchpad Input On Linux 5.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lenovo X1 Extreme 2nd Generation To Have Better Touchpad Input On Linux 5.4

Phoronix: Lenovo X1 Extreme 2nd Generation To Have Better Touchpad Input On Linux 5.4

With a change merged Friday night for the nearly over Linux 5.4 cycle, the Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme 2nd Gen laptop should see better touchpad input support...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I assume these changes will also work with the Thinkpad P1 Gen 2? I also wonder what these improvements are, so far I am using Linux 5.3 and don't have really any issues with the touchpad.

Comment

Where are workstation AMD chips for laptops? I'm getting a feeling that it's time to upgrade my laptop, but the mobile CPU market is basically nonexistent. There's no way I'll get an Intel chip for myself with all bullshit it implies, and AMD tops out at 4 core chips, which are pathetic by modern standards.

Comment

this modern protocol variants and complexity is just ridiculous. Instead of using one USB or I2C HID variant, the vendor bake all half working custom fluff.

Comment

Originally posted by rene View Post
          this modern protocol variants and complexity is just ridiculous. Instead of using one USB or I2C HID variant, the vendor bake all half working custom fluff.
          So business as usual. If you don't believe me, do a dive into the USB driver code someday. The number of workarounds for nonstandard, partly broken, and totally broken vendor USB implementations is staggering. This doesn't even touch on all the hardware broken at the electrical level before you even get to needing a driver.

Comment

[--] better input experience for users with less quirks
            How about the rest of us?

Comment

Originally posted by stormcrow View Post

So business as usual. If you don't believe me, do a dive into the USB driver code someday. The number of workarounds for nonstandard, partly broken, and totally broken vendor USB implementations is staggering. This doesn't even touch on all the hardware broken at the electrical level before you even get to needing a driver.
              obvoiusly I believe you, guess why I posted that, been there, done that for 20 years, ...

Comment

Working...
              X