Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sailfish OS 3.2 Released With Better Hardware Adaptation Support

Phoronix: Sailfish OS 3.2 Released With Better Hardware Adaptation Support

Jolla has outed Sailfish OS "Torronsuo" or more easily known as the version 3.2 update for this mobile Linux-based largely proprietary operating system...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I need to go to a store and try out Xperia 10, i recently bought an XA2 plus but i can't stand the button on the back of the phone especially since i use a wallet case.
    The Xperia 10 however has a strange long screen the phone seems to have a strange format so i need to feel it first and also see if it fits well in my pockets.

Comment

Finally I can use eduroam out of the box.

Comment

Running it now on my xa2 plus.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedibeeftrix View Post
          So what are your thoughts about it, especially coming from Android ? Is it worth the try ?

Comment

The article is wrong: "Jolla has outed Sailfish OS "Torronsuo" or more easily known as the version 3.2 update for this mobile Linux-based largely proprietary operating system."
            while the opposite is true, Sailfish OS is mostly free software while only some parts are closed. Most that are closed are based on software where Jolla can't change the license because they use software that is not from them.
            All closed parts that is qml is readable for everyone open.

Comment

Still have the original Jolla phone and original battery. Updated to this Torronsuo of course.

Comment

Originally posted by moilami View Post
                and original battery.
                In case it dies, JuBaTec has replacements.
                I'll have to install the upgrade on my Jolla 1, eventually.

Originally posted by Jedibeeftrix View Post
                Same here.

(And the Xperia X came recently back from repair and is currently serving me as a fall-back device:
                For the couple of Android application which either require Bluetooth (not available inside aliendalvik yet) or don't like the current Aliendalvik + microG stack)

Comment

Originally posted by Guiluge View Post

So what are your thoughts about it, especially coming from Android ? Is it worth the try ?
                  i love it.
                  i love it on the 6gb/64gb xa2 plus which i bought for £240. Great screen ( i love 21:9), and good solid feel.
                  i was an n900/n9 user, and i love the swipe/pulley based UI.
                  if your stuck with a corner case andoid app that doesn't work then you have my commiserations, but davlik works very well.
                  camera is average, battery life us two days at a stretch.

really wouldn't want to go back to androud even though android is indisputably 'better' by most objective criteria.

try it, you might love it like me...

Comment

I run the release since some days on my Xperia X it works good.

Comment

Working...
                    X