Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UBports' Ubuntu Touch OTA-11 Released

Phoronix: UBports' Ubuntu Touch OTA-11 Released

The UBports community has released the eleventh over-the-air update to Ubuntu Touch that they continue advancing as the open-source Linux smartphone/tablet stack based currently on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm less concerned about the userspace getting old, and more about the kernel already being old for the nexus 5 hammerhead image... considering it's 3.4.0-cyangenmod-gc95a726...

If postmarketOS weren't unstable, i'd probably be using that since it has a much newer kernel.

Comment

Unfortunately switching to PostmarketOS would mean that audio and making phone calls would only partially work.

https://wiki.postmarketos.org/wiki/G...(lg-hammerhead)

Comment

Originally posted by Baguy View Post
        I'm less concerned about the userspace getting old, and more about the kernel already being old for the nexus 5 hammerhead image... considering it's 3.4.0-cyangenmod-gc95a726...

If postmarketOS weren't unstable, i'd probably be using that since it has a much newer kernel.
        They said they will skip 18.04, and leapfrog directly to 20.04, now that they are close to updating the display server and DE, since it's the same amount of work.

Comment

Can we have something else other than the Nexus 5?

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
            Yes. Promoted devices. Officially supported Ubuntu Touch devices. Fairphone 3 not yet on the list, because of Android 9.
            Last edited by onicsis; 24 October 2019, 06:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
              Oneplus one works... but again, it's a really, really, old kernel... I'm personally just using my Nexus 5 till i can get a better alternative for running Linux, like the pinephone or librem 5.

Comment

Working...
              X