Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KDE Plasma Mobile Is Beginning To Look Surprisingly Good

Phoronix: KDE Plasma Mobile Is Beginning To Look Surprisingly Good

The KDE Plasma Mobile team has begun publishing weekly reports on their development efforts for making KDE software more suitable for mobile devices as well as convergence and other efforts in common with KDE on the desktop...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I can't actually say why, but I find everything KDE-related awful.
    One element could be the font choice I guess, but also the squarish look.

Sorry KDE people

Comment

Typo?

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
      Kirigami has new APIs for "PagePool" and PagePoolAction" for fiting a common use-case of desktop/mobile app layouts.

Comment

Originally posted by cynic View Post

Sorry KDE people
        Are you saying that from looking just at the screenshot? If so, then you are wrong.
        KDE has used rounded rectangles in several places, plus it is customizable if you don't like the default look.

Comment

There can't be just icons without this grey background?

Comment

Sorry KDE people
            Second that. But mainly for their asinine behavior of naming more or less every application as K-something or some other useless name.
            Branding that sticks really isn't their forte. They should hire somebody to spruce up the fascia.

Comment

I use KDE on my laptop, and looking through the mobile screenshot I found them ugly and pretty at the same time.

Ugly when looking to it using a Android mindset
              Pretty when looking to it as KDE user

Comment

One thing I find striking in those screenshots is that the scale and padding of some elements is really strange. e.g. in the Kirigami sidebar, the bottom buttons, and a bunch of UI elements in general.
                I assume this is something they're going to fix, though.

Comment

Sorry KDE people
                  I understand you, I have the same feeling about most Gnome stuff. It's just a matter of taste though. I thing both are quite customizable you could just choose different icons and stuff.

Comment

The ruining of Gnome as a desktop environment pays off when you use it on a convertible laptop. I was surprised when I took a machine to mess with and found out that on a touch interface, Gnome was miles ahead of KDE.

Good to know that KDE folks they are now taking care of it the right way, i. e., without destroying desktop functionality.

Comment

Working...
                    X